Trumatic gas heaters

Apr 27, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I cant get my Trumatic S3002P gas heater to work - we have gas and power but no spark (although it makes a noise) and no smell of gas when I push and turn the dial.. the sparker unit seems to have lost its attachment,,, see pics.. any ideas?

20240402_143033.jpg20240402_143020.jpg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Have you had it working previously? Looking at its poor condition it could benefit from a total overhaul service as the labels could indicate it’s over 20 years old. I’d be concerned at areas that cannot be seen in the photos.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
At 20 years old and the apparent lack of attention and poor condition I’d have it sorted professionally. Have you recently acquired the caravan? I ask as you seem to think parts may be missing? Have you had the heater working on gas ever?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am particularly concerned by the amount of corrosion evident at the bottom e of the heat exchanger and floor plate, and it has the appearance of having been stood in water. Has the caravan been flooded?

From what I know of the Truma heaters, all the working parts could probably be replaced, but it might be overall cheaper to have the heater replaced, which would also give you greater confidence in the function and future of the product.

Be advised its important for safety the heater is only removed, repaired or replaced by a competent person following all the regulatory tests and safety checks.

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi l think we would all agree the heater is scrap and as ProfJohn has already said it could of been flooded so I would check units, floor and bottom of the walls for any delamination / discolouration. However looking at the photos it would seem that the combustion chamber of the heater is full of rust/debris which would indicate to me that the cowl / rain deflector on top of the flu is or has been missing for a long time.

Gra

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
... However looking at the photos it would seem that the combustion chamber of the heater is full of rust/debris which would indicate to me that the cowl / rain deflector on top of the flu is or has been missing for a long time.

Gra
I'm not sure how you have come to that conclusion, as all you can see the mica window, you cant see inside the combustion chamber. However it is fair bet that with such extensive corrosion of both the floor plate and the outside of the heat exchanger, there is a a high probability the internal parts (Burner Bar and its supports, spark electrode and the gas injectors will also be similarly degraded and non operational.

Jul 12, 2023
Visit site
any recommendations for a replacement?
Another 3002? Mines a 55T of the same vintage which I had apart for a clean/ignition swap last week and it looks nothing like yours ;) The issue has been with the caravan/vent not the heater.

You can get them 2-300 on ebay / breakers. As mentioned you'd be better off getting a whole 'new' one than try and get the bits, I ended up getting an ignitor for mine as the 55T is far less common and much harder to source a whole one (and not parts compatible for a lot of it) but if I had wanted a 3002 I would have been fine I think.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Truma continue to manufacture products based on the same heat exchanger so its very likely you can get a replacement that will slip right into place. There is a good chance your existing flue will be fine.

Any good caravan repair shop or even AWS mobile engineer should be able to check what you have and advise far better than we can from just photographs.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Plus if you have disconnected the flue exhaust from the body of the heater you MUST use a new flue gasket. This is mandatory to avoid CO poisoning.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
cheapest option would be used one from somebody privately wrecking caravan on likes on ebay. Will still it professional installed an probabbly few new parts likes seals and gaskets.

If possible you should do removal from wrecked caravan as willl by now you know what parts to take.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts