Tummel Valley Nr Pitlochry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are thinking of taking the grandkids here for a weekend within the next week or two.

We would normally go to a CC site but this holiday park has something for the younger ones.

Phoned to enquire about available dates etc and the young girl was unable to tell me if they had 16amp hookup,she said she thought they had and shouted to someone who said it was 3.3watts which really helps...not!!!!.We have not booked yet.

Has anyone stayed here,would appreciate any comments about toilets,showers etc , its only for a weekend but still look for a reasonable standard and the web site is pretty basic regarding tourers..

regards john.b.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
http://www.blaircastlecaravanpark.co.uk/tourers/amenities.asp

Have you tried this park. It's just a few more miles up the A9. Have'nt been myself, but my brother has been a couple of times. He didn't have anything bad to say about it, he also has young kids,

regards,

Gavin.
Cheers Gavin,

we go there 3-4 times a year,it is a great site,just fancied somewhere different

regards john.b.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John,

When we stayed at Blair Castle we walked along to seethe other site,but were not particularly impressed......stay with Blair Castle.....it is far superior.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Appreciate all the replies , maybe give it a miss and try elsewhere.We visit Blair Atholl several times a year,we may well end up back there this time..

regards john.b.

Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
Have to agree about Blair Atholl, great site,The road to Tummel Valley is terrible for caravans, Narrow and winding, and not a great site either, not well looked after. Milton on fonab is another option

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
Please read a review I wrote about Tummel Valley on another forum.

I tried to post a review about this site but it seems only positive feedback gets shown. First of all the 10 mile (b) road leading to this site is treacherous especially when towing a tourer and when you arrive at the site and pitch up you have to cross this fairly busy road to access the complex. A young boy was knocked off his bike & had to be taken to hospital by ambulance with an injured wrist, there should be a crossing place here surely. The river fast flowing Tummel runs past the childrens play park, I feel there should be safer fencing there too as any child could fall in a be swept away (as what happened with the poor fisherman here 3 weeks ago.) Our pitch was at the pond which was great for the kids to catch frogs, minnows & rainbow trout but not when every child & adult from the site is there all day every day fishing. I felt I could not relax and had no privacy while sitting out as there where people standing a few yards away always. The toilets were kept quite clean but had only 2 mirrors for 4 sinks so shaving was fun, the sinks were round & shallow and the taps were fierce; so every time you pressed the water on it flowed full speed down, round & up over the front & onto my trousers leaving a huge wet patch down the front of my dark coloured shorts :-O

Oh! &

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well did'nt go to Tummel Valley,we ended up at Thurston Manor just outside Dunbar off the A1.

We stayed Fri and Sat night,grandkids were looking forward to the family disco on Fri night so we got the van all sorted out and grabbed a quick bite to eat as we arrived later in the evening.

Well what a waste of time,wish I had'nt bothered putting on the white suit....

Seriously though the family disco turned out to be about 20-30 kids between 10 and 15 yrs old all without parents as there was only another couple with their grandkids.

You only pay

TRENDING THREADS