Tyrepal

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
I am thinking about fitting a Tyrepal tyre pressure monitoring system to my caravan as an additional safety feature.
Has anyone else fitted one of these systems and, if so did they think it worth doing?
I seem to remember someone, possibly Steve in Leo (apologies if I'm wrong, Steve) doing a post on fitting a similar system.

Regards,

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
mauron said:
I am thinking about fitting a Tyrepal tyre pressure monitoring system to my caravan as an additional safety feature.
Has anyone else fitted one of these systems and, if so did they think it worth doing?
I seem to remember someone, possibly Steve in Leo (apologies if I'm wrong, Steve) doing a post on fitting a similar system.

Regards,

Maybe this will be of help
smiley-wink.gif

I have to say that I am well pleased with the system, you will notice that the tyre pressure increases as you start to drive due to the air inside getting warm & expanding.

A bit more on here about how the tyres get warm & increase pressure.

http://www.caravanta...2-tyre-monitor/

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the 4 sensor one on my car and took the 2 front sensors off and put on van when I'm towing.Wouldnt leave them on in storage anyway,might disappear.Bit tight of me but worked OK ,

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi
we have a twin axle and have the four sensors on the van. i personally think they are excellent, as you can see the psi and temp of the tyres. last year, in France i had a slow puncture and did not realise. unfortunaltley the tyre was wrecked by the time i found out, this system would have told me and maybe saved me the cost of a tyre...
Anything that makes for a safer towing experience is alright in my book

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
Thank you for the feedback everyone, it's very helpful.
I did think about fitting Tyron Bands but I'm not convinced by their claims, especially when fitted to alloy wheels rather than steel rims.
It was your post I remember reading, Sproket (not Steve in Leo's) and all your points made good sense.
I think I'll order a set.
Regards,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts