Unfriendly Caravanners - surely not!!!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good - lets all go for a cyber pint together - after all that is what blokes do isn't it.

I am all for this equality of the sexes - in a couple of years we men might achieve it but there is still some way to go.

That should get the ball rolling Clubman!

Mines a pint and its my round!!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Clive - mines a dry white wine as I am all woman - yes people you may just have come across the first woman to be able to handle Clive v and his opinions.

Clive if nothing else you are top entertainment.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
First Class entertainment as described when advertising my after dinner speaking.

And now I understand the antipathy to those poor souls who kept themselves to themselves and hid from you cowering behind there windbreaks! Oh! the angst!!!

Hell hath no fury like a woman ignorred.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Clive you may be "First Class" entertainment (your words not mine.

Do you actually get paid for your opinions and do people sit through to the end?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We say "Hi" to everybody and introduce ourselves when appropriate to those arround us. Who - in general come out and do the same once we are set up or offer to help with the awning etc.

Never, ever had a problem with unfriendly people on a camp site. And I have never catagorised people into have and have-nots on any score.

Just be yourself and let others do like wise - this is the path to true hapiness - apart from a couple of pints of Ringwoos Best Bitter that is.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Ray, No is the answer to your mildly amusing question. We have never yet been away and not had many a conversation. It is just the odd one or two that spoil it for the others - like everything in life.

By the way - I do not breath fire you know - are you just intimidated by a woman with a strong opinion????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Clive you may be "First Class" entertainment (your words not mine.

Do you actually get paid for your opinions and do people sit through to the end?
Yes - I regularly speak all kinds of events. Its part of my job in part but some are done for pure entertainment value.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Watch out Ray - you may find this of help-

Words our lady partners use:-

Fine

This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

Five Minutes

If she is getting dressed, this is half an hour.

Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given 5 more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

Nothing

This is the calm before the storm. This means "something" and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with "nothing" usually end in "fine".

Go Ahead

This is a dare, not permission, DON'T DO IT!

Loud Sigh

Although not actually a word, the loud sigh is often misunderstood by men.

A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing".

That's Okay

This is one of the most dangerous statements that woman can make to a man.

"That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard

before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

Thanks

This is the least used of all words in the female vocabulary. If a woman is thanking you. Do not question it, just say you're welcome and back out of the room slowly.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Clive my Husband is now laughing his socks off - however I am not....

Do you find my opinions worthless now that you know I am a woman?? On top of everything else please do not tell me you are sexist as well Clive!!!

Clive by the way which van do you own?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Please do not read too much into what I say - I love a laugh more than anything else.

And no I am most certainly am not sexist in any way. I refer work to two female solicitors (they are both experts on Partnership Agreements) and believe me they are superior to me in several knowledge areas - thats why we use them.

My 'van is an Avondale Leda Mendip - great van if getting on a bit now. We like it because it has a kind of "L" shaped lounge at one end which our two dogs sleep on. We will not sell it unless we find something equaly practical.

Hope this satisfies your "need to know" about my caravaning prowes.

If we ever did all meet up I am certain we could all enjoy a drink together.

R

Clive - I have to go now. - a BBQ requires my attention.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Clive I am sure you and I would get on like a house on fire!! We own a german caravan though hope this does not harm our relationship!!

P.S. This does not make me anti British by the way.

Enjoy the BBQ!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Well unless you tell us what you think is a load of rubbish nobody can reply. If it was the whole idea why feel the need to leave a message, and one like that at all - why not just leave it - some of us do not want to see replies like that on what is supposed to be a friendly forum!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray, No is the answer to your mildly amusing question. We have never yet been away and not had many a conversation. It is just the odd one or two that spoil it for the others - like everything in life.

By the way - I do not breath fire you know - are you just intimidated by a woman with a strong opinion????
Monkey, not sure what was amusing about my simple question. I was just trying to understand why you were ignored and why it would worry you anyway. I am not intimadated by women in general or those with strong opinions ( most of them). It hadn't generally registered with me in any case that you are a woman.

Your response has though gone some way to understanding why some people may choose to ignore you. I shall erect a cyberspace wind break and hide behind it and do the same.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Monkey Thanks for that - yes I to think we would get on well if and when we meet.

Great BBQ thanks - looking forward to chilling out with a glass or two this evening now all the kids have gone - mine are 19 and 23 so its like controlled chaos when they are here - great fun but the quite bits when they are out just as nice.

Oh and don't worry about Daventura - he just like to pop up from time to time and be a bit of a pr*t. He is still annoyed at me because I called him a proctologists dream a while ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts