Unit turning circle calculator.

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
For reasons not relevant here I had cause to consider if it was technically possible to drive my unit into my driveway, as it was I “chickened out” due to the predicament I would place myself and other lane users in, if it was not viable.

Anyhow relevant here is this got me initially trying to calculate things, then getting out of my depth seeking Google’s help and finding a chap offering an Excel spreadsheet solution.

With our unit and access turn dimension in it says “yes”. That is what my gut instincts thought, but not convincingly enough to try when I had needed to.

Now I can’t yet confirm it’s “sound”, nor in the immediate future actually try, but thought others might like to be aware of this calculator's existence.

All credits to its creator.

LINK

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The originator had too much time on their hands!

On full lock, I don't know how close the car would come to the A-frame - or whether the rear corner of the car would hit the front of the caravan.

Reactions: Challenger

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
The originator had too much time on their hands!

On full lock, I don't know how close the car would come to the A-frame - or whether the rear corner of the car would hit the front of the caravan.

I had long ago proved that going forward my unit can never "jack knife" by the lock available, assuming I started from having being towing forward. Super long German "A" frame could be part of it in our case, the vehicle certainly has an impressive turning circle.

In respect to its creator having too much time on their hands, well long being retired I have found doing such mathematical puzzles seems a viable way to keep the grey cells working, just this time it was becoming too challenging for mine.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I had long ago proved that going forward my unit can never "jack knife" by the lock available, assuming I started from having being towing forward. Super long German "A" frame could be part of it in our case, the vehicle certainly has an impressive turning circle.

In respect to its creator having too much time on their hands, well long being retired I have found doing such mathematical puzzles seems a viable way to keep the grey cells working, just this time it was becoming too challenging for mine.
I wasn't knocking the creator - I have created some complex spreadsheets of my own.

TRENDING THREADS