Unknown 4x4

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Did anyone else get a leaflet through the post with a mystery 4x4 pictured on it? Any guesses to what it was, it looks "Eastern" to me, perhaps Korean or Japanese.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Probably the forthcoming Vauxhall Antara, as Lutz suggests.

As well as the Opel Antara in Europe, it'll also be sold as the Chevrolet Captiva (through a new Chevrolet network of dealers) in the UK and Europe. Chevrolet is the new branding for Daewoo.

It's not yet clear whether the diesel engines are the Fiat-derived units used in current Vauxhall/Opel models or newly developed engines to replace the Fiat supply now that GM isn't taking over Fiat.

It's equally unclear whether the 4wd system is a development of the ill-fated 4wd system used in Cavalier and Calibra.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dunno what it was, that was the point of the leaflet, it wanted you to guess what it was and what you thought it might sell at. It loked a little like a cross with a Sorento,Lexus and Subaru.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Probably the forthcoming Vauxhall Antara, as Lutz suggests.

As well as the Opel Antara in Europe, it'll also be sold as the Chevrolet Captiva (through a new Chevrolet network of dealers) in the UK and Europe. Chevrolet is the new branding for Daewoo.

It's not yet clear whether the diesel engines are the Fiat-derived units used in current Vauxhall/Opel models or newly developed engines to replace the Fiat supply now that GM isn't taking over Fiat.

It's equally unclear whether the 4wd system is a development of the ill-fated 4wd system used in Cavalier and Calibra.
The Antara/Captiva will not have a Fiat-based engine. The lineup will be a 2.4 litre 4cyl. and a 3.2 litre V6 petrol and a 2 litre common rail turbodiesel from the Daewoo plant in Gunsan, Korea.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think it is the new Ssang yong Kyron

Had a look at one at the NEC show to me it looked very well built and smart, 2ltr 135 bhp deisel engine 250 ft lb torque.

pos from BMW I think.

much better looking than the Rodius (will anyone dare buy one of them?) or the Rexton

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts