Unmade road

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I'm looking for some advice from the experts :)

We have a large driveway, we will easily fit a large van on there but the road leading up to our drive is an unmade road with a fairly big crater outside our drive.

The vans we're looking at are around 24' long and we will have a motor mover on it. I'm wondering whether we are likely to ground it getting it on the drive and is there any way round it?
DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
There should not be a problem to get a van over that little hole ;) just watch how it moves and alter the jocky wheel to trim the level of the van when moving over it .....

Just take your time and have another set of eyes to watch how it is for clearance .....

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I assume you have told your neighbours and they are happy. Also there are no covenants in your Deeds that stop you from storing a caravan?
Follow Jonny's advice re the pot holes

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Saru,

A motor mover is a good idea, and it may cope without any other intervention.

However I do suggest you contact the authority responsible for the maintenance of road, and point out that the pothole is obstructing your right of access to your property.

I understand the temptation to fill the pothole your self, but I must suggest caution. If you undertake to fill it, and the infill is not properly secured such that it could flip out when the edge of a tyre passes over it, you would be liable for any damage it does.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Saru,

However I do suggest you contact the authority responsible for the maintenance of road, and point out that the pothole is obstructing your right of access to your property.

I understand the temptation to fill the pothole your self, but I must suggest caution. If you undertake to fill it, and the infill is not properly secured such that it could flip out when the edge of a tyre passes over it, you would be liable for any damage it does.

I would guess it's unadopted

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
chrisbee1 said:
ProfJohnL said:
Hello Saru,

I would guess it's unadopted

Hello Chris,
Unadopted or not, if you make a repair to it you become liable for damage or injury subsequently sustained.

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys. It is unadopted, we have works going on to replace the gas mains in the next few weeks so hope they're going to make it a bit more accessible.

We're renting for a year while we look for a property down here, so not wiling to spend money on the road.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts