unusual stories on site

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
have anything ever happened to you whilst on site that was unusual,eg people driving off with the water pump still stuck in the caravan or even a caravan door left open?

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Let me guess you are really Jeremy Beadle!The only funny story I can tell ( it was funy to me anyway) was a neighbopur of mine bought a van so that they could enjoy the good times we had?On the first trip he on setting up the van,uncoupled and then released the jockey wheel clamp and just missed amputating his toes as the van dropped ( he had not put down the corner steadies)if that as not bad enough in the evening we all went to the pub and on our return found that his neurotic dog had eaten the inside of his caravan door!

May 20, 2005
Visit site
I saw a guy leaving the site with the dog attached to the towbar by its lead. People ran after him and managed to stop him before he left the site, he had forgotten that he had fastened the dog to the towbar. Unfortunatly its happened before on sites and the dogs have died because no one noticed and the dog has been dragged for miles.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
How can you forget the dog, it should be in the car with YOU,I do not get into the car until Hubby has pulled away from the pitch, apart from seeing all is well as he drives off it gives me the chance to make sure I have left the pitch in a clean state.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Two little anicdotes spring to mind. A few years ago whilst at the Hobourn site in Paignton a motor home behind our pitch tried to pull off the site with wheels spinning and a cloud of light grey smoke coming from the back wheels. After a few minutes the driver realised he had not wound up the rear legs on his van and he was going no where. He got out and in temper raised the legs and zoomed off the pitch embarressed.

Secondly, more recently, again in Paignton two elderly couples were in the van next pitch to us. One gent went down the well with his Aquaroll and on returning spent a good few minutes trying to connect it back up. It was not until his wife called that he realised he was trying to connect it to a vacant van on the pitch the other side of him.

Shoudn't laugh as mistakes can happen to any of us and none of us are perfect.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whilst on a site in Lincolnshire, I saw a woman get out of a car in a temper, slam the door, walk off minus a skirt which was trapped in the car door.

In Derbyshire once, an old couple with a small caravan didn't put the handbrake on(they were on a slight slope) and the van rolled backwards quite a few feet. Poor old chap nearly had a heart attack as it was on course to collide with another van. Luckily some bystanders ran over and helped him.

One of my brother in laws drove off with the caravan door unlocked, it flew open before he got on the road, thank goodness.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In Leicestershire, I upset an old chap, apparently I drove over his electric cable and I should have been hung for the offence.

Lisa

While on holiday at Seacroft caravan site in Cromer (Norfolk). The couple in the caravan next us persisted on staying up until the early hours everynight (3am sometimes 4am) I had had enough so one night when they went to early 1am I got up and put bread on top of their van. I,ll tell you this much they were up early that morning with the noise from the sea gulls dancing on top of the van. After that it was quite every night.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In Leicestershire, I upset an old chap, apparently I drove over his electric cable and I should have been hung for the offence.

Lisa
We had to close the curtains on one side of the caravan as he kept looking in. He even informed my husband what time I went out and what time I got back.

Lisa

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Lisa
No, no, He did know, he kept sending me to the shop (6 miles away) to buy sweets for him. (Husband, not Victor Meldrew).

Lisa

Another funny one I witnessed was while we were away in the lakes a few years ago. A young couple who were next to us in a static van. (We think they were on Honey moon). Were left 1/2 doz eggs & Milk one morning so my mate goes out and grabs them hard boils the eggs and puts them back. we sat outside waiting for their reaction. Eventually they surfaced collected their eggs and milk said good morning and returned back inside. A few minutes later the man exits the van and walks up to farm shop my mate follows him,on his returns we ask him what happen he reply nothing he simply put them back on the shelve and took somemore.

So god knows who got the 6 hard boiled eggs. We never had the heart to tell them and we never heard any complaints from anyone. mind you we left the next day.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
on one site we went to a young couple and there children arrived and started to set up,after watching the guy struggling to put his awning for some 30 minutes i went to help.little did i know it was his first time and he some how managed to put it up with the frame on the outside of the awning.he was not amused.soon had him back on track.i took it down and did it again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
couple hitched up the van and put the 2 yorkshire terriers in the front seats. Went to check things, left engine running, dog knocked door button down and central locking clicked in. Took 20 mins to find a key to fit.

May 18, 2006
Visit site
We were bbqing on site one day while my wife read a story to our small hildren. Half way through the cooking one boy got so excited at the story he kicked out his leg, knocked over the bbq, spilt the food on the grass and set fire to the windbreak! We couldn't tell him off but put out the fire, washed the food under the tap, re-built the bbq and started all over again - with the boy's seats away from the bbq.

We now have a windbreak which has the bottom 10 inches cut off!

Apr 28, 2006
Visit site
A couple of weeks ago a friend and fellow caravnner called to see us. We were talking about how heavy the nose is on my van compared to his. To demonstrate this we went out the garden so I could prove my point, only to find out that I couldn't even get the van off the ground now. After much deliberation and a near hernia, we retreated back to the house. The following day I was still wondering where all my strength had gone when it dawned on me that I'd left the van legs down!!! Shouldn't really be admitting to this I know but my excuse is i've only had the thing 3 months!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Friends went to a French site az few weeks ago where an atractive young French woman attracted the attention of a thirty something English guy with pregnant wife and young child.

The husband helped the woman and her husband push the van and erect the Awning and offered them coffee as his wife struggled with their little girl.

The next morning the guys attention span was shortened by the miniscule bikini of the French neighbour.

As he returned to his van fom the camp shop chatting to his atractive neighbour her husband pointed out the empty plot upposite.

The young wife had taken the sun awning down thrown the chairs and tables in the van with the kiddies gear, hitched the van and had left the site. Two days later the guy was still awaiting help from home and and the sites owners had put him in a spare Euro tent :-0

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
i read story a few months ago,on arrival the young chap with his mum and dad,i think about 12 years,offered to fill the aqua roll with water while they got set up.at tea the water was horrible and they spit it out.they later discovered he had filled the aqua roll with the fire hose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts