Van versus Motorhome

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi everyone.

My wife & I are at the very early stages of researching what to buy so please bear with us regarding our lack of knowledge & my wordy question!

I guess our first question is van conversion versus motorhome? We are planning to tour for 2-3mths at a time, around UK & mainland Europe, so need something with reasonable living space & storage. Does this necessarily rule out a van?

However, we also want to be able get to a sort of hub destination & visit places from there, so does a van offer the practicality of being able to use it daily? Or, despite being smaller, is it still impractical to use daily & are we better of getting a motorhome & getting some bikes or trailing a car?

Just looking for your experience & advice and is there anything else we should be considering when deciding between the two?

Jun 7, 2018
Visit site
Hi We have just had a van built for us at affordable van conversions in Midsummer Norton (You can view the van on there webpage)
I also was in your position but in the end opted to get a Mercedes Sprinter Built Mainly because on almost any road in the country you will see one making deliveries Granted its a large van and may find it difficult to get into a lot of urban car parks but if you do your research There are plenty of places to park large vehicles Although it is large its not as large as some of the coachbuilts on the road and certainly not as wide.
Think long and hard before you buy think about what you want in the van go and look at loads of vans and make notes We made an expensive mistake of buying a VW T6 Beautiful van on the road easy to park but very small

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts