VAT changes for storage sites from October

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
My storage company have written to me advising that VAT will now have to be charged on storage fees from 1st October as a result of this year's budget. Was anyone else aware that this had happened. Unfortunately it adds a fair bit to the 'annual overheads' of caravanning.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I use a farm near Welton as do some others on here and my invoices all show VAT,last one was £130 + £26 Total £156 for 6 months,he shows a VAT number and afaik has always charged VAT

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Notice 701/20 Caravans and houseboats
April 2012
6.2 How should I treat the storage of touring caravans?
The storage of touring caravans is always standard-rated. This applies whether or not a specific area of land is granted to the caravan owner and includes contracts where the period of storage is in excess of one year.

Think you have been lucky not to have been charged so far
smiley-laughing.gif

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have just received the renwal invoice for the storage site where we keep our caravan and the cost has remained the same as last year. I would have thought VAT would be charged if the business income exceeded the limit at which VAT is charged although it is not shown on our invoice and the site must exceed the minimum figure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts