Very wet in🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💦💦💦

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
I’ve been going up to Fort William in the 1st week of May for……donkeys years* & when it lashes down I just consider it ‘normal’. If it stays dry all week then it’s a miracle.

I once heard that in one year, in Fort William it rained on 90 consecutive days.
*used to rent a lodge but since prices went nuts I now haul the caravan up.

Reactions: Dustydog
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
At Gairloch. First night a baptism of high gusting winds .A real Rick and roller.SWMBO didn’t sleep.Hopefully after today there will be some improvement🤞

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
At Gairloch. First night a baptism of high gusting winds .A real Rick and roller.SWMBO didn’t sleep.Hopefully after today there will be some improvement🤞
First time we took our previous Springers to that area we walked around to make sure there were no cattle or sheep before we let off. One we had only had about four weeks. Like a rocket into the Gairloch she went as she had seen some birds far out on the water. 30 minutes or so later she deigned to return and wagged her tail like mad as she came out of the water akin to Ursula Andress in Dr No.

We are off to Norfolk tomorrow so the current pooch is unlikely to be doing much free running as we stay near the Wash adjacent to the Snettisham RSPB reserve. Our main problem is what clothes to pack, never had that as an issue with the caravan behind us. 🤣

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Our main problem is what clothes to pack, never had that as an issue with the caravan behind us. 🤣
Be optimistic. Plenty of shorts. I ruined one of two pairs of long trousers last week when I slipped over in the mud🙉.
The long range forecast ,bar tomorrow, looks pretty good for Snettisham.
I normally use the Met office but up here they favour XC Weather. Not bad. Enjoy.

Reactions: otherclive

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Scotland must be the only area in the UK where you can have four seasons in one day. From lovely warm sun to sleet, then snow and back to sun.
Five seasons - you forgot Midge Season. :)

Actually this has been the worst year for bad weather since we've lived here on Skye. Wettest and windiest.

Some of our friends and neighbours who were born here say its been the worst they can remember.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
First time we took our previous Springers to that area we walked around to make sure there were no cattle or sheep before we let off. One we had only had about four weeks. Like a rocket into the Gairloch she went as she had seen some birds far out on the water. 30 minutes or so later she deigned to return and wagged her tail like mad as she came out of the water akin to Ursula Andress in Dr No.

We are off to Norfolk tomorrow so the current pooch is unlikely to be doing much free running as we stay near the Wash adjacent to the Snettisham RSPB reserve. Our main problem is what clothes to pack, never had that as an issue with the caravan behind us. 🤣
Enjoying a break near Scarborough where there is a spectacular event taking place called the Gold Wing Light parade where motor bikes are presented as best in show. Spectacular sights where people really care about their pride and joy for example

Attachments

• 459747338_917358180434993_1430980051868074305_n.jpg
    459747338_917358180434993_1430980051868074305_n.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 5
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Be optimistic. Plenty of shorts. I ruined one of two pairs of long trousers last week when I slipped over in the mud🙉.
I normally use the Met office but up here they favour XC Weather. Not bad. Enjoy.
Hi DD, I hope you are having a great time.

Is it Gairloch or the Gare Loch that you are in?

It's just that when you mentioned Snettisham, I thought that is quite a haul if in one go from Gairloch. Even from the Gare Loch it is an endeavour not for the faint hearted.

Or have I misunderstood and you intend stopping elsewhere before Snettisham.

Whatever; have a great trip and enjoy.

Give our regards to Lady Villa please.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

It's just that when you mentioned Snettisham, I thought that is quite a haul if in one go from Gairloch. Even from the Gare Loch it is an endeavour not for the faint hearted.

It is me going to Snettisham.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have had an aversion to shorts ever since the ship's Chinese tailor shortened my standard issue ones a bit too much. Gave the XO apoplexy. That was in Spring 1973.

DSC00004.jpeg

• Haha
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site

Hi John
We changed our whole plan.First night Moffat C&CC,, second Culloden CAMC, then Scourie, Clachtoll,Ullapool and now Gairloch Wester Ross as was.
I hope your issues have improved and you and Pressie can get out and about.🍺🍺

Reactions: Anseo
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I cannot believe it. We pick a holiday in the east of Britain, supposedly a drier part. It’s been raining since 1400 and only the birds on the adjacent RSPB reserve could be happy. What’s happened to the high pressure region due to establish itself and give us our Indian Summer. Glad I decided at the last minute to include a full cagoule.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I cannot believe it. We pick a holiday in the east of Britain, supposedly a drier part. It’s been raining since 1400 and only the birds on the adjacent RSPB reserve could be happy. What’s happened to the high pressure region due to establish itself and give us our Indian Summer. Glad I decided at the last minute to include a full cagoule.
You not the only one where we are it been drizzling all day (y)

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Wow. I thought St Swithin had it bad with 40 days of rain but were you are has been raining for 624 years😀

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
East Anglia has been the wetest area since 1400, AD. They didn't have caravans then, The Romans decided not to live there as it was too wet. 1800's herring fleets we're not sailing there.
1900's The amusement area wasn't built there because the salt flats were not dry.
Norwich, was and still is a sea port and it is inland. .
Locals can count to 12 on their fingers. ( Not saying where the locals are from)
Enjoy Snettington.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
East Anglia has been the wetest area since 1400, AD. They didn't have caravans then, The Romans decided not to live there as it was too wet. 1800's herring fleets we're not sailing there.
1900's The amusement area wasn't built there because the salt flats were not dry.
Norwich, was and still is a sea port and it is inland. .
Locals can count to 12 on their fingers. ( Not saying where the locals are from)
Enjoy Snettington.
Locals can count to 12 on their fingers…..
Now wonder why I felt so at home on my first visit to Norfolk last month 🤣🤣🤣

• Love
Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts