Vet and Campsite handy for Dunkerque and Calais

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
You may be interested in an vet I have found near to Calais and Dunkerque. Someone on Caravan Talk suggested Camping La Chaumiere as a site near to these port.

http://www.ukcampsit...ge=2&revid=6346

It seems the wife of the owner of this campsite is receptionist at the St Omer Vet and several of the reviews on UKC mention the vet favourably. Review 7 mentions a figure of 69€ for 2 dogs in April 2010. It seems the campsite will book the vet on your behalf.

We have in fact booked this campsite and the vet in St Omer. As we needed to confirm a suitable vet booking before booking our Eurotunnel crossing home we phoned the campsite this afternoon. The owner spoke excellent English and was very helpful and gave us the vet's phone number.

We subsequently phoned the vet and as the vet would only accept email bookings, not phone, we booked by email at:

vetstomer@orange.fr.

The St Omer Vet is open Saturdays to 2pm as well as weekdays.

We have, also, booked Camping La Chaumiere for a 3 night stay on the way home so that we can take Max to the vet. The campsite has a facility for online booking on its website with the facility to pay by PayPal. The campsite is costing us 66€ for 3 nights for 2 adults + l dog.

I hope this helps.

Tim

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
The vet you have mentioned in St Omer is Dr Dandrifosse.He is a charming and gentle vet who speaks perfect English.
We took our dog to him for many years.
Parking is very easy near the canal.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been extolling the virtues of this site and the St.Omer vets for some years now. I'm glad to see someone else has found them.
You didn't metion the excellent on-site bar and restaurant, though!
We'll be there again in May, and on return in August.

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
we shall be going to this site on the 15th April, after a long drive to dover from durham the night before, at least it's not too far the other side before beer o'clock

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts