vets abroad

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi out there, is there a site with a list of vets abroad that are members of pets passport? is it best to stop a few nights at calais to see the vet before returning? thanks geoff

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi Geoff

Its pretty easy to take the dog with you now, we did it at the very start of Pet passport and that was a bit scarey. we find it easy to have the french treatment carried out about 9am in Calais, (you know French timing!) we arrive on site about 4pm, vets next morning, spend the day in St omer, Calaise ares then get the Ferry about 11.30 next day. Our vet is Valerie Delval, shes really nice and between my French and her English we get by, shes really up on the Pet passport side of things which is great, be careful not all French vets are!! If you want any more details just let me know. Just one word of warning take every bit of peper work regarding the dog (all of it---forever!!) Weve been asked for different stuff every time weve travelled, last year, although were now on out 3rd pet passport they wanted the original. Be warned. Oh also you may find it of interest to visit the webb site of DEFRA they used to have vets listed but Im not sure now.

regards Maddy

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Madeleine how much does the passport cost, is it the same price for all dogs or does it go by size? We have 3 small dogs, 2 Miniature Schnauzers and a Lasa Apso and its the uncertainty of whats involved thats stopping us from going. All 3 are spoiled mutts so theres no chance of leaving them in kennels even if we wanted to, they would pine too much, and we would for them lolol.

Apr 25, 2005
Visit site
Dear Geoff,

We took our dog away this year. I used Dogsaway. (www.dogsaway.co.uk) to make an appointment with a vet in Calais on the date required i.e between 24 and 48 hours before our return to UK. They obviously charge for the service but the vet they used was excellent and she knew everything that needs to be known with the Pet Passport.We were only in her surgery, which is situated just out side Calais with parking outside, for less than 10 minutes. We stayed at Camping de la Bien-Assise in Guines ( part of the Les Catels chain). It took us approx 20 minutes.In our opinion, 1st rate site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts