Volkswagen/Audi 2.0TDI Injector failures

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Just spotted this on another caravan chat forum and thought it may help other owners here.
smiley-smile.gif

Just thought I'd give people the nod on this one.

The 2.0PD 140 and 170 engines are known to have problems with injector failures at £500 per injector.

I know people have posted on here that they have had failures.

There has been a massive internet campaign over the last 6 months or so on the volkswagonaudi forum, briskoda.net, seatcupra.net, honestjohn, pistonheads and other forums to get everyone with injector failures to report them to VOSA.

VOSA took this up and VAG have now agreed with VOSA that they will...

a. Replace faulty injectors free of charge.

b. Refund owners who have already paid to have them replaced at VW dealers.

As long as the cars have service history you should be OK.

This issue only effects the 2.0PD engine not the 1.9PD or newer 2.0CR engines.
Adrian

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Dustydog.
Im really not sure.
I just found the article on another site and pasted and copied it on here incase it may have been of use to someone
Adrian

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
Just returned from France where we broke down with a failed injector and were very lucky we weren't towing at the time as the engine cut out without warning and we were left with no power steering or brakes
The car was recovered to a local VW dealer and we were presented with a quotation of 907 euros, £811.00 to correct the one failed injector.
We contacted VW UK and forwarded a copy of the bill and have been promised a full refund in addition to the car having the remaining injectors replaced at our local dealer.
The car was dealer serviced prior to us going away at a cost of £360.00.
The only reason we persued the matter with VW UK was on the advise of Red Pennant insurance who were dealing with another four cases of the same problem, on the same age car within the same week!!
As GeorgeandAde pointed out, given the coverage this problem has received, isn't it a pity that Volkswagen has not seen fit to recall the cars affected by this problem.

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
Dont think that will happen,the fault has been around for a good while now.A German manufacturer admit there is a problem?Never.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts