Waste Disposal Charges

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Parts of North Devon and Somerset now charge between £1.50 and £2.00 per bag of rubbish that you take to their dump for disposal.
smiley-surprised.gif

They also only collect the on site rubbish from bins every two weeks .
smiley-yell.gif

So I hear on the grapevine some sites may now start charging an "extra " for waste disposal on site.
smiley-cry.gif

Whilst I'm no bin diving dog I have noticed on some sites last year the ammount of cardboard packaging that gets dumped.
Where does it all come from.
smiley-undecided.gif

I can see fly tipping being the next big problem.
smiley-laughing.gif

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This was taken from the latest Sky News :
.........................................................................................................................................................................................
"The Government believes bin charging would increase fly-tipping and backyard burning, and put new costs on families at a time when they were struggling to make ends meet.
It is currently passing legislation to abolish controversial rules brought in by Labour ministers which allowed for a "pay-as-you-throw" pilot scheme.
Condemned by critics as a 'bin tax', this rewards those who produce least waste and charge extra to those who throw away the most rubbish."
...........................................................................................................................................................................................
I dont think the charges will last long

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
What an excellent way to stop caravanners going to that area, perhaps they don't think we spend enough of are hard earned money with them.

Les

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts