Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What do you do with it???

Sometimes I do not even put my waste container under the outlets. Even when I do I wait till its full and walk round the park with its bottom cap off.

What do you all do?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tut tut!

I have seen caravanners being booked in France by the police for allowing waste to discharge straight to the ground. Watch out in laybys and public car parks. This was not an anti British thing as it included French also

Strange really when you see what French lorry drivers discharge in empty water / lemonade bottles!

Love France, Love the people but marvel at the inconsistencies.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
great idea,i leave the side cap off,then over one or 2 weeks i give the lawn irigation ,unlike those tenticles[tents] or ground sheets that kill the lawn.then was all the bits out at the waste water area

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
"You cannot be serious" to quote a famous saying. This is surely a wind up or else you are a dick head, never seen a dick head nor do I want to. You're obviously not a caravanner but a traveller, take up boating in a canoe in force 20 conditions

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi. Not very popular areyou?

The simple way to deal with your Query is to ask at the office when you book in. Is it a male thing that we men dont like asking. What do you thik ladies.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Buy a Wastemaster or small folding sack truck to take the effort out of moving water. DO NOT DISCHARGE IT ON THE SITE AS YOU HAVE BEEN - that's pretty anti-social and unfair to other 'vanners and the site owners. Get into the routine of emtying the water cans everytime you fill the fresh water.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
OK so this guy's taken a lot of stick over this posting but he doesn't say how long he's been vanning or how many sites he's stayed on and I know of some sites where the issue of where to dispose of your waste water is not at all clear.

This summer I stayed on a reasonably large site in North Wales which had a large proportion of seasonal pitchers as well as many tourers. All of the seasonal pitchers around the perimeter of the site whose vans backed up to the hedge all had extended waste pipes going straight into the hedge bottom behind their vans and there was not a dedicated waste water disposal point anywhere on the site. In fact even the drinking water taps did not have a drain underneath them. I spoke to a number of regulars on the site about this and they said that it was normal on that site to get rid of your waste water in a discreet spot in the bushes or onto the grass. I also asked the site owner where I should be putting it and after looking at me as though I was asking a bizarre question he pointed me to two possible points. One of these was the elsan disposal point which was actually a toilet in a concrete surround, the top of which stood a good two feet off the ground. Now I use a 50 litre Waste Hog for my waste water and when this is full there is no way that I can lift it high enough to tip it into here. The other place was a metal grill over a narrow drainage channel in the gravelled area outside the entrance to the toilet block which I discovered led to a soakaway. I did try emptying my waste into this only to find that it was totally unable to cope with the volume that I was pouring into it and subsequently my waste water overflowed all over the gravelled area and left a nasty residue that people had to walk over on their way into the toilets. I also attracted some curious looks from other people whilst I was doing this. Not once during my two week stay did I see anyone else using either of these points for emptying waste water.

Therefore if W.Hatever has only experienced staying on a site such as this one I can understand why he might be asking a question like this

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thomas has a point. We stayed at 'Le Colombier' a Castels site in France this year and there was no where to empty the waste water. The office could only suggest the chemical toilet points or the motor home point outside the main entrance. I used the chemical toilet point and made sure I emptied before the container was completely full as it had to be lifted. Strangely I hardly noticed anyone else emptying their waste during the 2 weeks we were there. Maybe they always cleaned themselves and all their dishes, cleaned their teeth etc in the excellent shower blocks. I wonder why they needed so much fresh water though!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It makes me laugh reading some of the above. The scorn that someone should open their waste over the caravan park is fair enough but listen to this. I know of many caravan parks that dont pay to get rid of the wate. The tanks that you pour into are then emptied by the local farmer onto their field which is against the law but it happens on smaller parks. Some parks have the odd tank removed by a registered carrier to keep the EA happy but route 1 then persists. I have known of a caravan park that run its own landfill site for over 25 years until he was caught so there are plenty out there. The original post may have been a joke or inexperiance but think about where the material goes before you start shouting as well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
'Don't do that past my pitch, please. Take the trouble to find the waste water disposal drain and empty it there, and avoid upsetting your fellow campers.'

I do all my caravanning on the continent and this is a big and sometimes unsolvable problem. I have just invested in super pitch gear in order to resolve it. French caravanners by enlarge tend to let their grey water dribble like an incontinent man. I have given away my Wastemaster as it was far too heavy to lift to emptying basins when supplied. Fortunately in France Super pitches (emplacements de grand confort caravane) are becoming much more available than here. On the odd time that I have to van here I use a redundant aquaroll for the waste. I could write a book on this, but won't.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've stayed on small private sites where they ask you to water the flowers with your grey water, frankly I can't see a problem with this, in fact I remember a few year ago during a drought we were being told to water the garden at home with bath water

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts