Watcha, ow doo, hello

May 29, 2016
Visit site
We are not new to caravaning, but did return to this wonderful lifestyle after a break from the great outdoors due to work commitments. When we first camp back into the fold we did it with a rather large tent ( awning without a van ) and after a year or so the better hal decided she needed more comfort. After a lengthy search on the tinterweb and lots of visits to dealers in our area and further afield, our caravan layout was found.
Several email, and phone calls later, along with pictures of any little blemish it was time for a road trip.
This was a ( to quote from Bill and Teds films) amost excellent adventure.
Stayed over night on the way to under the gaze os Stirling Castle. Up bright and early next morning and onto leg two of the adventure up to Inverness.
We still didnt know the exact condition of the van or if would like it. Along a single track road with a quarry half way and passing points we arrived at our destination. The home of our new van.
After rousing the natives from thier lair we were informed that the master of the house would be back shortly as work had called him in.
The lady of the house showed us including the hound around the van and the look on the wifes face said it all. This is the van for us.
After a few brews and the usual obliatory hand over deails we paid our hard earned cash into the bank of scotland .
With that all done we hitched up our ( yes our ) new ( to us ) series 5 Bailey Senator Louisiana to George ( she likes to name our vehicles ) our Mitsubishi Outlander and we were ready for the off. We did get warned that it would be tight getting out of the drive but didnt realise how much the 12 mile single track road would break me back into pulling the van.
Ironically the seller of the van came from Rotherham and we are from Sheffileld, he had bought it to use for holidays as the came from Rotherham back to Inverness when the kids were smaller.
So there you have it thats us the wife myself and of course the invisible hound ( i say that because every advert you see for a caravan or awning always states no smokers .....i can see that....and no pets. So why is it nearly every one we see has a dog, surely they dont lave them at home .....no they take them in their pet free caravan with the awning up.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Most of us start with a short trip to the dealers but you started with an adventure. Not sure how you can top that.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forum sounds like your first adventure got you well an truly back in the saddle :) Enjoy your new van and let us know how you get on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts