water filter

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone, i have a abbey freestyle 560, its just over 3 years old, now the problem im having is i have black stuff coming out of my tap, now the caravan shop told me i needed to change my water filter, where they told me it should be(where the pump goes into the van) it isnt.

Any ideas to where it should be?

Thank you

kevin

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Kevin, On a swift Group van of that age it's unlikley to have a water filter, i would suggest that the black bits you have coming out of the taps is algea, try checking the screw on filters on the end of the taps,if they have algea in them give them a clean and also check the water feed pipe from your water supply to the van inlet, when this happened to my previous Abbey the feed pipe was full of alga.

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
I'd appreciate some advise on this too, we have a 2004 Lunar 470-2CK - do we have a water filter? If so, where is it and how and when do we change it?

We have had it since September 08 and it's our first van so new to this caper - what steps do we need to take to ensure that our water is always of the highest quality?

Thanks

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
In answer to all above please note our Ace Supreme doesnt have a water filter .our last Compass didnt have a water filter and nor did our Elddis prior to that .

Down to cut backs I believe ,but as suggested try the filters at the end of the taps or even check your water supply.,ie aqua roll .

We did encounter this problem and found it was coming from the aquaroll.

Solution was fill aquaroll with water add 3 milton tablets or equivalent and leave to do there job for a day then flush system thro wash out aquaroll flush system again jobs done

I hope this helps

Sir Roger

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
New to this forum, so looking through recent posts. Did you get your problem sorted? The caravan dealer clearly thought the black stuff was carbon granules from a burst in-line filter somewhere, I've got that problem to sort out just now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts