Water Pump Noise.......

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
Hi All.

We have an annoyingly noisy inboard water pump on out Bailey Unicorn Madrid, Series 1 (2011).

I keep seeing posts saying to adjust the pressure switch. My last caravan had a pressure switch, but where is it on my van. Dammed if I can find anything remotely resembling one.

This is our set-up.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Water Pimp.jpg
    Water Pimp.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 7

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Pumps on Swift Caravans are very noisy. Just a design feature 😀I don’t know if it is the same for Baileys. Many Swift owners have put rubber grommets on the feet to deaden the vibration. May not help in your case but thought I would mention it

Reactions: ProfJohnL
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Adjusting the pressure won't make any difference to the noise the pump makes in operation.

Looking at the picture your pump appears to be mounted directly onto the floor. To my mind there should be something between the floor and pump to absorb the vibration that causes the noise due to the floor acting as a sound board.
Try inserting some rubber grommets to the mounting points to isolate your pump from the floor.

Reactions: Buckman
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unfortunately, the type of pump that Swift have fitted in your caravan, is what is technically called a positive displacement pump, which has oscillating parts which vibrate. Whilst the pump does have some isolation in its feet, it often isn't enough to stop the vibrations reaching the floor panel which like a fine Stradivarius violin body sympathetically resonates and amplifies the sound.

As others have suggested adding more soft rubber grommets underneath the mountings of the pump can often help, but sadly these pumps are not anywhere near as quiet as a submersible pump which only has rotating parts., and are also usually outside the caravan, thus mechanically isolating them from the caravans panels.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Here’s a link to what I had to do to quieten my Flojet positive displacement pump that was installed right under the sleeping end of the caravan. It made a difference but it was still noisier than having the pump outside in the aquaroll.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts