Water pump - working but not pumping !!

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Strange one this ( well to me anyway )
I have a Elddis Crusader Tempest 2014 , it has an internal water tank as well as the aqua roll.

At the weekend when we selected the EXT option on the control panel ( this normally fills the internal tank from the aqua roll) - the pump runs normally but does not pump the water up , I tried it in the middle setting ( this normally lets you draw water directly from the aqua roll ) but nothing came out !
I have called Whale and they did not know either - they suggested I checked the pipes , but they are fine.
We had to run the water heater on gas only because the it was too much for the hook up on electric and it kept tripping - but these things are supposed to work off grid - so I assume cannot factor in this.

Any suggestions appreciated

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
HI Andy good place to start is the pump. Can you remove the pump and connect power to it .If so connect power to your pump and drop into a bucket of water and try your pump and see if it works you should get a good spurt of water from it.If that works then there is a blockage either at the filter or just beyond where the pump enters the van.As for the heater tripping was it tripping in the van or at the post.Back to your pump I not sure how your system works but on our van just after the pump is a pressure switch that houses a very small gauze filter ours was blocked and caused the same problem.I hope this has put you in the right direction.
Sir Roger

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your reply

The pump is the submersible whale type , so yes i can and will try removing the hose to see if it is actually pumping water at that point.
The electrics was tripping at the post - we was at the NFOL and many was suffering due to a low supply - it is a temporary setup so expected.
My van has an inline Pressure switch - where is the Gauze filter , do you have to pull a hose off to get to it ?

Thanks
Andy

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Andy The gauze filter on mine was on the inlet to the pressure switch. I removed mine and left it out its a pain in the butt .Before you start pulling the pipe apart from the pressure switch just have a good look where the water enters the van from the pump.I am saying that just incase your van is different to mine as mine is a Sterling Elete Searcher from the Swift stable .It is possible the tiny gauze filter will be as pump enters the van
Sir Roger

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
SirRoger ,
I will have a good look , unfortunately my van is in storage and so not as quick and easy to access as I would like.
I did talk to the supplying dealership ( van is just 1 year old ) before I posted this on line ( as well as talking to whale ) The general lack of knowledge is unbelievable for what I would assume is basically very simple if you are involved day in and day out with servicing and repairing vans. hey ho

thanks for your help - I will give you a progress report

Cheers
Andy

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
My Pleasure Andy. Do keep us posted. I am at the moment having problems with my van caused by the dealership I bought it from but Im well on the way to it being sorted by me .
Sir Roger

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Hope not mind jumping on this topic but I am having trouble getting hot water in the van, Elddis Odyssey. It seems to just be intermittent, i go through the same set up process everytime yet i get irregular hot water.

Have tried replacing fuses but the pump is working just not heating water.

Any advice appreciated

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
First and Foremost do you have an air lock anywhere? Do you get any spluttering of water at any of your taps? If so this is where to start with your problem. Now Im not sure .I have answered your post so that you are not ignored you now need the help of the techies on here who Im sure will be along shortly.I hope you manage to get your problem sorted.
Sir Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts