Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
can any help with bad tasting water i have a lunar gemmeni does it have a water filter fitted to this van (2001) i have flushed my barrel out several times but still the water tastes stale i have also drained the system down too.

Dec 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi again Kevin!

I don't know about a filter in a Gemini but i'd be supprised if it hasn't got one somewhere, mine screws into a hole just above the water inlet [1994 Elddis]

On Coaches we used to flush the fresh water systems with Milton bady bottle cleaner , mix it up in the fresh tank and such the whole lot through the system. then suck a full container of clean water through to rinse it out.

Worth a try.

Gareth

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
I had the same trouble with yucky tasting water a couple of weeks ago and I put 8 milton tablets into a 40 litre aquaroll left overnight washed it out the next day and it was perfect. I think I will do this every 6-8 weeks just to keep the water tasing ok.

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
We do not use water out of system in van for drinking

We use 2 x 5 litre containers fetched from the tap for

tea/coffee and cooking

But all other water uses comes from system

Apr 22, 2006
Visit site
Kevin you say that you have flushed the system through but have you replaced the filters themeselves.

These need to be replaced periodically and I think if something like Milton has been flushed through them they loose their effectivness.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts