Wavebox microwave

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi, anybody tried the Wavebox microwave yet??. I am undecided wheter to get a microwave or a remoska cooker and would like to hear from anyone who has either. The trouble with microwaves is the weight and power needed I got in enought trouble with him who thinks he's in charge for buying the wrong kettle and tripping the supply last year in france!

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Katherine,

We had a standard sized Remoska for five years and use it most of the time.

It has a power consumption of 550 Watts - under 2.5 Amps - so it's been very successful on even very low amp camp-sites.

Basically a Teflon pot with an electrically heated lid, we've cooked everything in it that you would normally use an oven for. Bread from our own bread mix, a cake for 12 people, and the usual vegetarian stuff...

Other Eriba owners who eat meat highly rate the Remoska for roast chicken - the Remoska seals in all the juices...

Robert

Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
I spent sometime looking at microwaves recently... I seem to remember the wavebox is a bit pricey.

In the end i got a sainsbury's basics microwave - it goes on the floor over the axle when we travel. We are careful to juggle the power consumption (probably a lot more than we need to be) !

The power input for microwaves is higher than the output -ours is 700w out and 1080w input. (Just don't have everything on together) !

Oh and the best bit it was

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts