Weather

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I past the Black Swan today in Pickering going to Thornton Le Dale in the car to look at Mathewson"s Classic car auction (Bangers and Cash)

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well a few days ago I was thinking, how jealous I was of all you folks getting away for a May bank holiday (something we seldom do) in good weather. Then today I read of the Hailstones in the Isle of Widget, and the winds getting up in the south, the rain forcast for later.
Am I envious of you all away, whilst I am at home, with the rain pouring down. HaHa.
Yes, of course I am.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Well a few days ago I was thinking, how jealous I was of all you folks getting away for a May bank holiday (something we seldom do) in good weather. Then today I read of the Hailstones in the Isle of Widget, and the winds getting up in the south, the rain forcast for later.
Am I envious of you all away, whilst I am at home, with the rain pouring down. HaHa.
Yes, of course I am.
It's blustery and showery down here in Cornwall Hutch, but it's nice and warm in the caravan looking at the whitecaps on the Atlantic Ocean that we can see from our pitch.
Plenty of lager in the fridge and wine in the locker, we don't mind being here 😀

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Been absolutely chucking it down all day here, quite the wettest day for a long time.
Didn’t stop us taking the dogs for a long walk, was rather nice coming home and putting warm dry clothes on tbh.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Been absolutely chucking it down all day here, quite the wettest day for a long time.
Didn’t stop us taking the dogs for a long walk, was rather nice coming home and putting warm dry clothes on tbh.
Hi Kev you can keep that weather thanks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin M
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
It's blustery and showery down here in Cornwall Hutch, but it's nice and warm in the caravan looking at the whitecaps on the Atlantic Ocean that we can see from our pitch.
Plenty of lager in the fridge and wine in the locker, we don't mind being here 😀
Parksy curiosity got the better of me, what pitch number are you on please? I want sea views as well!!!
we are booked onto pitch 18, prob good view's of the shower block!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Parksy curiosity got the better of me, what pitch number are you on please? I want sea views as well!!!
we are booked onto pitch 18, prob good view's of the shower block!!
Hi Kev
We're on 151.
The site has different named areas, you're on Levant which probably won't have a sea view from sitting inside your caravan, but you're closer to the shop, and more importantly the bar from pitch 18.
You can see the sea from most of the site though, from the bar verandah and patio to the bottom end of this site.
When you book online you can choose your pitch if it's not already booked.
We always try for pitches between 149 and 153, fully serviced grass which are on Giew.
It's a 15 minute walk across the fields to St Ives for a fit healthy person, and the bus stop is just inside the site entrance.
I'm sure that you'll enjoy your stay here. 😊

Reactions: Gagakev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kev
We're on 151.
The site has different named areas, you're on Levant which probably won't have a sea view from sitting inside your caravan, but you're closer to the shop, and more importantly the bar from pitch 18.
You can see the sea from most of the site though, from the bar verandah and patio to the bottom end of this site.
When you book online you can choose your pitch if it's not already booked.
We always try for pitches between 149 and 153, fully serviced grass which are on Giew.
It's a 15 minute walk across the fields to St Ives for a fit healthy person, and the bus stop is just inside the site entrance.
I'm sure that you'll enjoy your stay here. 😊
Where Parksy is it looks like a nice spot he got lovely views and you could always meet up and have quick chat Kev at the bar .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hope it improves over the next couple of weeks. Because our two week break is earlier than I would normally plan for and the weather in April has been so cold my botanical collection (not gin) is travelling to Yorkshire. Not renowned as the warmest place in the world. So the awning will acts a cold frame, with the sink worktop for especially cold nights. Three begonias, one dahlia, two cannas, and six Cathedral bells, plus three clematis cuttings. None of which feature on the loading spreadsheets. The dogs may have to go hungry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts