Weather

Page 15 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sunny here at the moment. I was going to pack up and take the tent for a few days to mid Wales. Leaving my wife to get to grips with the new kitchen that finishes today. But seeing the weather forecast that’s now deferred until Saturday.
otherclive Sounds like you have brought a tent which one in the end ? does the new kitchen look fab if you go Saturday i hope you have some nice days :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
otherclive Sounds like you have brought a tent which one in the end ? does the new kitchen look fab if you go Saturday i hope you have some nice days :)

I am borrowing my granddaughters 3 man tent which is easy to put up. I looked at prices for the Vango Skye air but will wait until they drop in the Autumn. The tent can be seen in the picture when I took my granddaughter and her friend to Forest of Dean recently.

Yes the kitchen looks great but its been a long four weeks living off of what we could squeeze onto the dining room table with the microwave. Prior to that we had four weeks when our daughters kitchen was being installed and they came here for meals. Looking for some peace and quiet now.

210F8132-4525-4043-A268-690ADCAD0221_1_105_c.jpeg

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I am borrowing my granddaughters 3 man tent which is easy to put up. I looked at prices for the Vango Skye air but will wait until they drop in the Autumn. The tent can be seen in the picture when I took my granddaughter and her friend to Forest of Dean recently.

Yes the kitchen looks great but its been a long four weeks living off of what we could squeeze onto the dining room table with the microwave. Prior to that we had four weeks when our daughters kitchen was being installed and they came here for meals. Looking for some peace and quiet now.

View attachment 2106
i hope enjoy the peace and quiet where about in wales were you thinking of going ?:)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Canvas after caravanπŸ€”πŸ€”. Long time since I slept on a ground sheet. Have things improved??
In the end I called into GoOutdoors Cardiff and bought a slightly smaller 3 person tent but one with a 5000 hydrostatic head, compared to my granddaughters tent which had 3000 mm. It was pretty good weather only a few showers. Sleeping not a problem. In recognition of my aging joints I used a single air bed topped with a 25mm Duvalay. Extremely comfortable. Sleeping bag is 3-4 seasons so no problem keeping warm. The reverse in fact. Cooking a single camping gaz burner, plus a single burner stove. Diet…… basic apart from pub eats. Overall a relaxing experience, but did miss not having the dogs. But saying that I walked more than they are now capable of.
Main problem now is trying to fit in another break, similar to when we had the caravan. But zero worries about damp, payload, etc.

PS edit ablutions not formally recognised along with chin hair.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well done OC, glad you had a great time, but you have just broken BB's 9 day run of postings, he will have to start again to remind himself how his weather is. πŸ˜ͺ

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We were hoping for a dry afternoon at cousins big bash. Looks like GagaKev and the Weather master BB must be doing the rain danceπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦

TRENDING THREADS