Weather

Page 18 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Midges flies, hundred year ago , well it seems so to me a little grocery store who use to sell meats etc had these hanging fly catchers and as kids we were fascinated by amount of flies use to get caught on them. Back to now as the weather has been quite warm here our conservatory doors are opened first thing in morning till evening. Insects of all sorts had been coming in and after a while some would die and leave there carcases on the floor. I think they use to bake on the windows. So whilst on Amazon saw these old fly catchers still available. As they were so cheap bought a packet of them ยฃ2+. And put two of them in the conservatory . Amazing that after a couple of days one in a corner had a bunch of various insects on them and there is complete absence of insects coming in . Wonder if the sticky substance on them has an odour which they do not like. Camping in Glen Etive Scotland and when the breeze stopped you would have clouds of them around.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Midges flies, hundred year ago , well it seems so to me a little grocery store who use to sell meats etc had these hanging fly catchers and as kids we were fascinated by amount of flies use to get caught on them. Back to now as the weather has been quite warm here our conservatory doors are opened first thing in morning till evening. Insects of all sorts had been coming in and after a while some would die and leave there carcases on the floor. I think they use to bake on the windows. So whilst on Amazon saw these old fly catchers still available. As they were so cheap bought a packet of them ยฃ2+. And put two of them in the conservatory . Amazing that after a couple of days one in a corner had a bunch of various insects on them and there is complete absence of insects coming in . Wonder if the sticky substance on them has an odour which they do not like. Camping in Glen Etive Scotland and when the breeze stopped you would have clouds of them around.
Might try the item out in our conservatory (y)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts