Well, I have bought me first van!!!

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
A 1991 Buccaneer Caravel for 3K. With a permanent pitch. Appears no delamination, damp, leaks, soggy furnishings, holes or anything wlse, floor is solid, brakes free, chassis galvanised, one slight water ingress in a lamp reflector and 2 minor glazings to the body on one corner. AlKO stabiliser, clamp, aqua roll, cover, wastemaster, cover, full awning 3 years old new carpets, gas, new leisure battery and a TV aerial the size of Everest (why, I have no idea). And it doesn't smell. Surely this is too good to be tru for a 15 year old van?

Hope I haven't been ripped off and looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Enjoy your Buccaneer, they are brilliant vans.

When we came back to caravanning seven years ago, after a 20 year gap, we bought a 1986 Buccaneer for about the same price as yours. It gave us 3 years great touring and we sold it for

G

Curious to know what you mean by a 'permanent pitch'. Does this mean the caravan does not move, therefore is not a tourer anymore? In which case you are slightly to the left of most of us.

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
Scotch lad

It has a permanent space on a site. If I want to move it, I hitch it up and off we go, if I don't, I can leave it there all year. If I want to use the site as a base for touring, I can drive from London (great caravan driving, not) pick up the van and orf to wherever. Trust this explains. If I wanted to be left, I'd paint it Royal Blue and stick scratch n sniff strips on the side. Now there is an idea?

Clarky, I can't believe how well this van seems to have held together. It is virtually mint.

I wonder how these van beds treat a dodgy back?

And I still can't quite figure out this weight and towing businesss. The van apparently is 25cwt. Apparently my car can tow 2000KG. How do the brakes on the van work when you tow? Does the compression of the thing that sticks on the front of the van operate a brake via hydraulics and work slave cylinders on the van wheels? Or am I being simplistic?

Sure I will have fun finding out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts