Westbrook Park near Ludlow

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has stayed here recently, what the site and surrounding area is like? We like visiting interesting towns/villages, trying local cuisine and lovely scenery.

Also noticed that the pitches are set in an orchard which sounds lovely but we do like a sunny pitch especially in the late afternoon/evening (weather permitting!!) so wondered if all the pitches are shaded by the trees.

Look forward to hearing any views or suggestions of good sites in the same area. Thanks

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Thank you Parksy, it looks lovely. We haven't stayed on a CL or CS site yet but keep thinking about trying one so will bear this one in mind

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I live very close to Westbrook Park, and I believe you will enjoy your stay very much. Its got a very handy pub within a short walk, and I am told the food is good there. In Brimfield , the next village, you could try the Roebuck if you want something a little more upmarket. I would recommend Ludlow for sightseeing, but use the park and ride on the ouskirts as it can be difficult to park in town. All the streets are on metered parking now.

Tenbury is a small market town with a few shops, not an awful lot to see Im afraid. Clee Hill is quite a spectacular drive and you can see for miles, but watch out for the sheep on the common , they have no road sense at all. If you would like a nice drive out, go along the Ludlow to Wigmore road, beautiful welsh border scenery and you can turn left in Wigmore and then at Mortimers Cross to complete a circuit back to the campsite.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Thank you Ramblingrose, it all sounds lovely, just what we are looking for. This is one area of the country that we've always wanted to visit but haven't got round to it so far but I'm pretty sure we will go in 2009.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't know the site but know the area very well. Ludlow is worth a day, use park and ride. Stacks of places to eat of all types. Supermarkets small Tesco and small somerfield with an aldi opening in Nov. Morrisons at Leominster. Hereford id good- see the Mappa Mundae in the cathedral and the cider museum. Bewteen Leominster and Hereford is Queens wood with wonderful colour in the autumn and a children's playground. Easy distance to Bridgnorth, severn valley railway and cliff railway, also Church Stretton with lovely walks at Cardingmill Valley. At Craven Arms is the Hills discovery centre, about the geology of the area and a good cafe. If you like mountain bikes try Mortimers forest.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Thank you all for the great ideas of places to visit. We have provisionally booked Westbrook Park for the Tues after Easter Mon for a week. They won't take full bookings or deposits until 1st March next year which I think is a bit too near to the Easter holidays to leave to chance. Looking forward to visiting the area

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts