Whale Aqua Source

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
I have been using one of these devices for a couple of years now and found it to be brilliant, however last weekend the hose developed pin prick holes in it. I pressume this premature failure is due to the hose(when in use) being constantly under mains water pressure.

Has anyone found a way aroung this? can you get a better hose than the one supplied by the manufacturers as the life of this at 2 years is not really acceptable.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Graham,

After exactly the same problem as you have just had, I switched to the Aquaroll filling version a couple of years ago. This has the advantage of being "proper" hose, leaves you with half an Aquaroll of water should the mains water go off and - more importantly to me - does not put mains pressure water directly into the caravan system.

Neal

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Neal

Are we talking the same piece of kit? my adaptor does not give the caravan mains pressure. Mains pressure stops at the regulator, from there it is no more than about 10psi

Only the hose is subject to mains pressure and I suspect this is why it has failed. It has to be inferior hose though because my hose pipe at home is subjected to mains pressure constantly but has never failed.

I have e-mailed the manufacturer, lets see if I get a response.

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Neal, the caravan is not subjected to mains pressure, as the connector block to the caravan wall contains a pressure reducing valve. This valave is the achilles heel of the device, as it also reduces the flow.I was rather surprised that Graham described it as 'brilliant', as that has not been my experience.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
chris

These devices without the onboard tank facility would I think be poor, however with a 15 to 20 litre reservoir of cold water as I have they perform well.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Credit where credit is due, just after posting my earlier update I thought I would chase them up and ask why I had not recieved a reply.

Within 30mins I received the following

Dear Sir.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your aquasorce.

We did have a quality issue with the hose but that has been rectified,if you will email me your address details I will post you a new replacment under warranty.

Regards

Dorothy Hamilton.

Oct 20, 2006
Visit site
Credit where credit is due, just after posting my earlier update I thought I would chase them up and ask why I had not recieved a reply.

Within 30mins I received the following

Dear Sir.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your aquasorce.

We did have a quality issue with the hose but that has been rectified,if you will email me your address details I will post you a new replacment under warranty.

Regards

Dorothy Hamilton.
Pity they can't solve the pressure problem as easily....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts