Whale Aquasmart problem

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Couple of weeks back I posted re a problem with a non return valve on my water system. Van is a 2011 Unicorn with onboard Whale Aquasmart pump. The faulty non return valve has been replaced and checked with no apparent leaks.
Prior to noticing the faulty valve I had felt there was a minor leak somewhere in the system as every 5 minutes or so the pump would come on for quite literally a second then go back off. This when no taps were open. I had checked all connections inside the van that I could think off and could find no leak. I thought the faulty non return valve was the cause and that when replaced the pump switching on by itself would stop but not the case. Out working in the van today, primed up the water system just to check all was well before going away this weekend and noticed that once again the pump is switching on and off. Seems to come on about every 6 minutes and is on for the shortest time, no more than a fraction of a second, I wasn't sure if I was imagining it the first time I heard it today. Again checked all I can think of including the recently replaced valve. No noticable leaky taps, no signs of water leakage around any joints at pump or anywhere else. No sign of water leaking from the external connection either but I am going to change the O rings on that later this week anyway. Seems not to be coming on quite so often nor for just as long as it was prior to changing the non return valve.

Anyone come up with any suggestions of a likely cause? anywhere obvious that I should be looking? I'm sure it must be drawing air or the tiniest leak somewhere but just where is the question.

As always thanks in advance.

Rob

Mar 4, 2007
Visit site
I had this two years ago.
I stripped out the filter near the pump with the clear bowl.
There was a hairline crack in to from residual water freezing during very cold weather.
Replaced filter bowl assembly job done.
HTH

Regards
RD

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts