WHALE AQUASOURCE HOSE OR WATER ADAPTOR KIT FOR AQUAROLL

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Hi As title suggests , which is best option ?

i will be using my van for the first time this weekend it has the adapter kit but i was wondering about the whale aquasource hose?

whats your views?

Cheers,

Brian.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi As title suggests , which is best option ?

i will be using my van for the first time this weekend it has the adapter kit but i was wondering about the whale aquasource hose?

whats your views?

Cheers,

Brian.
Hi Brian i prefer the adapter kit to the Aquaroll we use it often on service pitches but you should receive a answer on here what they prefer have a nice break this weekend

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Using the adaptor kit is a PITA and we prefer to use the Whale Aquasource hose as it is easier to use. Obviously every one has a different viewpoint on this and there is a long thread elsewhere about the pros and cons.

Reactions: JezzerB
Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
We prefer the aquaroll adaptor kit, it's no problem to set up and £40 less than the aquasource hose. It also means that

-when we go out we just turn off the pump at the door and don't have to walk round to the tap to turn off the water. (It's recommended not to leave a continuous water source connected whilst a way from the van in case of leaks)
-if there is a leak when we're "in" we'll hear the pump running.

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Morning all,
well all well first weekend away in van.
Quick question , is all waterpumps in the aqua roll a little noisy?

All water pressure in van is spot on no issues at all, i am just wondering if all pumps are a little noisy.

Cheers.

👍👍👍

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just try a Flojet internal pump for noise. Often sited under a bed and activated at night when someone washes their hands after a loo visit.
Must dig out my old notes on how to carry out noise short inspections of marine systems. 😂

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just try a Flojet internal pump for noise. Often sited under a bed and activated at night when someone washes their hands after a loo visit.
Must dig out my old notes on how to carry out noise short inspections of marine systems. 😂
Probably some earplugs might help with the noise

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
Think my wife needs earplugs as i snore pretty bad, i blame the vodka and the stella . :rolleyes:

Well first weekend away was a hit tested and fiddled with everything on the van , I have ordered the aqua-roll valve kit but think i will also order the Whale Aquasource so i have the choice if needed.(y)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Think my wife needs earplugs as i snore pretty bad, i blame the vodka and the stella . :rolleyes:

Well first weekend away was a hit tested and fiddled with everything on the van , I have ordered the aqua-roll valve kit but think i will also order the Whale Aquasource so i have the choice if needed.(y)
Might be a wise choice

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Morning all,
well all well first weekend away in van.
Quick question , is all waterpumps in the aqua roll a little noisy?

All water pressure in van is spot on no issues at all, i am just wondering if all pumps are a little noisy.

Cheers.

👍👍👍
We have too many unknowns to give you a clear answer because noise is a subjective issue.

My wife is also a very light sleeper, and she tells me she has been disturbed when the next door caravans sub pump has operated at the dead of night!.

Usually a submersible pump in a water carrier is by most people's standards quiet.

Just out of interest what make and model of water pump do you have?

A sub pump will become noisier if it has been allowed to run dry for any length of time, and increased noise suggests it's in imminent risk of failing completely.

As Roger L suggests make sure the water container does not touch the caravan to prevent the mechanical coupling of any vibrations to the caravan.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Prof, from some of the timing of your posting over the years at early mornings, maybe you should let Mrs P have a lay in, and post later. 😀
We are hoping to get out next month. For the first time this year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If that is exactly what you have, then you do not have a submersible pump.🤔 You have an onboard diaphragm pump, which are great pumps but are noisy, and because it's onboard and fixed to the caravan, the caravans body amplifies the noise. Sorry but it's normal for your installation.🙄

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Cheers, least i now know there is nothing wrong with it, thanks 👍
If it is a Flojet pump they are quite noisy but can be quietened. Firstly they have rubber feet but the caravan maker often screws them hard into an upright surface. This effectively creates a noise short. Ideally there should be no mechanical fixing direct from pump to surface. But eh oh it’s a caravan not a submarine. Re position the pump to sit on a flat surface and the screw fixings don’t have to be so tight as when it’s vertical so the rubber supports more of the load. Also make sure pipework near to the pump doesn’t touch fixed surfaces as that too acts as a sounding board. A small bit of pipe insulation foam works well. Lastly near the outlet of the pump there is normally an cream cylinder like item that is vertically mounted. This is a simple accumulator to even out pump discharge pressure. That can resonate against its supports and create noise. Best way is run the pump and jiggle the accumulator to see if it gets quieter. Then a piece of pipe insulation foam can be inserted to reduce its vibration transmission into the support.

Alternatively a piece of pipe foam insulation in the ears. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: ProfJohnL

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts