Whale Pump leaking ? Water Ingress

Aug 23, 2023
Visit site
I have just had our Pegasus 462 serviced and we found the Whale water pump started to leak it is just a very small drip under pressure. We had been away over the New Year with the van and it was fine. The leak is on the left hand side of pump where a 12m.m spigot on the tee piece pushes into pump. Several ideas were talked about from seeing if it would be possible to replace the "0" ring seal or putting some P.T.F.E tape around the spigot a new pump (Whale FP0814 replaces existing pump) is around £90 tot £140 or replace pump.
The other issue that was found was slight damp in corners of shower and wardrobe also front corner of van . I understand that this is a problem with this model and Baileys state that problems in rear of van is caused by condensation but I am informed that it could also be caused by water travelling down in a channel and getting trapped at the bottom and apparently the front issue is where the cable to the front lights on the handle was never sealed properly when built I have checked the sealant around both lights and they look fine.
Has anyone had these problems if so what action did you take any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If your present pump uses the same push fit quick connect coupling system then PTFE tape will not work. Whether you can access the "O" ring to replace I'm not sure. Generally the push fit couplings are pretty reliable, so I would be inclined to carefully disconnect the pipe work to look for damaged or poorly cut pipes .

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023
Visit site
If your present pump uses the same push fit quick connect coupling system then PTFE tape will not work. Whether you can access the "O" ring to replace I'm not sure. Generally the push fit couplings are pretty reliable, so I would be inclined to carefully disconnect the pipe work to look for damaged or poorly cut pipes .
Thank you for advice. The fitting that goes into pump is a StemTee Adapter and its the Stem part that is leaking which is why the tape solution came up in conversation. I have seen a video on Youtube which showed the "0" rings in whale fittings being replaced for a few pence and wondered if the same could be done to the pump.(y)

TRENDING THREADS