Whale water connector for serviced pitch

Dec 7, 2023
Visit site
Hi all
Does anybody know if you can use your whale water connection for outside the caravan on a fully serviced pitch as the question I need to know is the connector for the fully serviced hose and the the hose from the water butt the same as each other as I'm thinking of cutting my connector from the water butt and re linking this directly to my long blue pipe to connect to the main water supply directly instead of buying another long blue pipe with the whale connector which are about 80 pounds?? Any ideas please tia Mark.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mark. Welcome to the forum. I am not technically skilled but my thought is no, you can’t. The “pump” that goes into the Aquaroll works off the internal pump in the caravan; whereas the direct feed connection has a pressure management system and does not rely on the internal pump. I think the risk would be of flooding the van with water coming in on mains pressure.
Someone may have better advice.
Mel

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
No, you either need a pressure limiting device, or keep the aquaroll and use a float valve.

View: https://youtu.be/e1onBpshXQ8?feature=shared

John

My preference is the first one, cheaper and most reliable.

Dec 7, 2023
Visit site
Hi Mark. Welcome to the forum. I am not technically skilled but my thought is no, you can’t. The “pump” that goes into the Aquaroll works off the internal pump in the caravan; whereas the direct feed connection has a pressure management system and does not rely on the internal pump. I think the risk would be of flooding the van with water coming in on mains pressure.
Someone may have better advice.
Mel
Thanks Mel I was going to try it tomorrow on site but on that advice I will not be risking it as what you have kindly advised does make sense and would hate to flood the van as we have only had it a couple of months Mark.

Reactions: Mel
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you have received the two best solutions. If you choose the direct hose connection it is essential to choose one with a pressure reducer, not a flow restrictor the differnce is important, Both Truma and Whale offer suitable devices specifically for this.

However for better security from excess pressure reaching the caravan the float switch in the water container is more certain. and it decouples you from variations in flow and pressure on the sites supply.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
You don’t need the OEM version of the float valve - generic systems will contain the caps to fit all popular caravan water barrels - I also bought a circular zipped cable bag so that the coiled hose and bits and pieces are stored together and kept clean when not in use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts