Whale watermaster pump

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Delighted with this pump. It turns on and off when it should and is quiet. It also doesn't interfere with the tv signal when the latter is dodgy. Doing the water on Saturday evening prior to going to a social. Wife turned the tap on and water came flooding out of the socket, outside. Unscrewed the block to find the blue pipe had come off the white spout, (technical language!!!). Pushed it back together, screwed the bits together and it worked. Wife has the theory that the hot weather is to blame. Any ideas?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Not sure a.bout the whale connector , but I would have thought there would have been a crimping clip of some sort on the pipe.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is a problem with plastic pipe and hot weather, it becomes soft and slides off .
If there is room inside the fitting you could put a jubilee clip on it or a tie wrap just to give it a bit more security.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
waffler said:
I thought that but no. Just a push on fit that I think is held in place by screwing the block back together.

Is there room to fit a small ty wrap on the pipe. Failing that a bit of super glue , on the white spout, not the pipe bit.

Just a thought, is this the Whale pump that fits to the Thetford connector on the Coachman.

Whale-Truma-Ultraflow-Pump.jpg

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for comments. Most reassuring, I was blaming myself for being too heavy handed. No to Hutch the connector is the Whale one that looks like a white block. I will look at the suggested sticky stuff.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
The fault that you describe isn’t uncommon with this pump. We had the same issue with ours. If your caravan is under warranty, contact either your dealer or Whale directly (they are VERY helpful and are aware of the problem). They provided us (and others who I am aware of) with a replacement and are working on a remedy to stop it happening.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys . It is under warranty so have emailed whale. Keep you informed. Off to THS near Wareham on Sunday. Any one else going?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts