What bugs you most about your fellow motorist?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
There will always be some arrogant ignorant selfish drivers on our roads as dictated by human nature so nothing to be done about it really except to be as vigilant as you can be.
I used to have an early morning 20 mile commute and if I could get to work without at least 5 attempts on my life I would consider it a good trip.
Oddly enough I am find that when I have the caravan on other drivers seem to improve and calm down a bit around me
I would put this down to imagination and wishful thinking but my son who tows a big TA agrees with me
Others will no doubt think the opposite!

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
There will always be some arrogant ignorant selfish drivers on our roads as dictated by human nature so nothing to be done about it really except to be as vigilant as you can be.
I used to have an early morning 20 mile commute and if I could get to work without at least 5 attempts on my life I would consider it a good trip.
Oddly enough I am find that when I have the caravan on other drivers seem to improve and calm down a bit around me
I would put this down to imagination and wishful thinking but my son who tows a big TA agrees with me
Others will no doubt think the opposite!
Not forgetting the one's who pull out in front of you because they simply CANNOT follow or be held up by a caravan!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Today coming back to Worcester we needed to across the River Severn and two very close shaves. The morons were obviously looking at the river instead of the road and drifted across into our lane. One has we approached the bridge and the other as we were almost across the bridge.

JB1

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
accelerating on a Mway slip road getting up to 65/70 looking in my side mirror Etc to join the Mway the car in front of me coming the end of the slip road panicked and slammed on their brakes, just as I was checking in my side mirror to assess a safe space to join the Mway, looked back in front to see red lights of the car coming to a stop as I approached at speed luckily I could undertake them on the hard shoulder I am not sure I could have stopped and I did not want to swerve on to the Mway that was not fun. They must have been related to the person who drove the wrong way round the roundabout at Junction 14 M1 where the sip roads enter and exit , that was also very interesting. The angle the approach roads join the roundabout make it almost impossible to join the roundabout in the wrong direction?

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So most of the replies revolve around a lack of consideration for fellow drivers, sadly not untypical in most areas of modern life, I find myself driving defensively nowadays, and work on the assumption that all other drivers are potential killers, whenever I set out I consider I am putting my life and the lives of loved ones in danger. I have no way of knowing whether the drivers around me have passed a test, are under the influence of drink or drugs, or anything else,so I assume the worst and try to drive accordingly,even then I am not safe from the inconsiderate people, as an example I drove in to Tesco filling station tonight, and a truck with a cherry picker was on the first pump, the lady in front of me filled on the second pump, went in and paid and drove off, Mr Cherry Picker stayed on his pump having filled and paid. I filled and walked past to the pay kiosk, he was sat in his cab on his phone,oblivious to the chaos going on around him. So I ask the cashier'' is the truck on 1 broken down?'' No says the cashier I am just about to go and ask him for the second time not to use his phone, I have already cut his pump off once. With that we watched him drive off still looking at his phone,on this occasion no harm was done but it shows disregard for other people shown by a minority of drivers.

Reactions: Buckman

JB1

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
So most of the replies revolve around a lack of consideration for fellow drivers, sadly not untypical in most areas of modern life, I find myself driving defensively nowadays, and work on the assumption that all other drivers are potential killers, whenever I set out I consider I am putting my life and the lives of loved ones in danger. I have no way of knowing whether the drivers around me have passed a test, are under the influence of drink or drugs, or anything else,so I assume the worst and try to drive accordingly,even then I am not safe from the inconsiderate people, as an example I drove in to Tesco filling station tonight, and a truck with a cherry picker was on the first pump, the lady in front of me filled on the second pump, went in and paid and drove off, Mr Cherry Picker stayed on his pump having filled and paid. I filled and walked past to the pay kiosk, he was sat in his cab on his phone,oblivious to the chaos going on around him. So I ask the cashier'' is the truck on 1 broken down?'' No says the cashier I am just about to go and ask him for the second time not to use his phone, I have already cut his pump off once. With that we watched him drive off still looking at his phone,on this occasion no harm was done but it shows disregard for other people shown by a minority of drivers.
I totally agree you have to treat every other road user as completely incompetent and a try to anticipate the unimaginable, most skills in life you learn or get taught and the process of leaning the skill continues, lots of people past a driving test and thing that’s it they can drive with no further development to their skill level required.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We met a tractor coming down a narrow road yesterday , i had to reverse to a opening to let him pass my wife saying slow down to him because he came right up to my front bumper Grrrr that was a close shave

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Some slip roads don’t seem long enough or have enough visibility to allow road users to see each other and react accordingly. The A50 through Stoke on Trent seems particularly bad, made worse by the shear number of cars driving on the A50 and trying to join it.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Almost a head on today. To avoid a large puddle, a car swung out into our lane on a busy A road. Luckily I drive a bit defensively so took avoiding action, but OH went as white as a sheet! We were in the Jeep and the oncoming car was a small car so is would have come off second best. Car behind us probably also had to swerve!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts