What bugs you most about your fellow motorist?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Those who fail to say thank you for letting them through. I wave at the last minute just to wind them up.

Tail huggers. Wish I had two of those little blue flashing things.

Those who overtake , cut in sharp and then slow back down!!🤬
Those who don’t indicate their intention on a roundabout .
Rant over

Reactions: Paullus1959
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Those who fail to say thank you for letting them through. I wave at the last minute just to wind them up.

Rant over
Sounds like a bad day from Swindon to Cricklade.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Those who even if their brain was connected to the indicators still would not signal their intention on a roundabout.

Those who hammer onto and around a roundabout which prevents a smoother and more efficient traffic flow.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Having recently had a retina re attached, it has brought back to me how many people don't "know" when driving the width of their car.
Or am I too confident.
I will not ride my motorbike yet.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Life is too short to be irritated by other road users.
As a lorry driver I covered thousands of miles all around Britain, so I've seen the best and the worst of what takes place on the roads.
I was taught as an HGV driver to drive defensively, to avoid injury to myself or to other road users, and if I'd have let some of the idiots get to me my daily routine would have been very unpleasant.
I'm retired now, so I'm never pushed for time or under pressure when I'm driving.
The idiots are still around, but I let them get on with it and look after myself and my passengers.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The current most annoying thing about many drivers ofr me is their lack of knowledge/understanding of the width of their vehicle and consequential inability to properly get into or out of a parking space and/or straight! Only today I saw a car backing out of a space in Waitrose car park and almost ram a (would-be) passing car despite the latter siting with his hand on his horn! In the end this car backed up to let the reversing car out and all but rammed a car coming out of a disabled/family space on the other side.
Per that particular car park, people not driving round it by the correct route also causes major issues.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Those on motorways/dual carriage ways that you have been catching up at a good steady pace, yet when you indicate and pull out into the next lane they start getting faster, so I nudge the speed up, then they do the same, once past they slow back down to their original speed. Grrrrr

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
At the doctors the other day parked in the disabled bay on back of my car i have a sticker saying .
Please do not park too close i need to access my mobility scooter .
Came out to my car after my appointment had to go back to the reception they said the number plate he moved his car ,some other users do leave me space and some do not Grrrr

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
As a retired police traffic officer, police advanced driver and motorcycle trainer I've seen it all. I still try not to let the antics of other drivers get me down. I adopt a coping strategy to deal with errant motorists these days and that is to simply laugh at them rather than getting stressed and angry. Try it and you'll be amazed to find you're almost wetting yourself after a few miles.
In addition to what's been mentioned, my biggest bugbear is the complete lack of thought displayed by so many idiots when overtaking cyclists, especially on the approach to a bend where there is no way of knowing what might be coming the other way.
Stay safe out there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The blatant breaking of highway rules.
Poor lane disciplin.
Using left or right only lanes to try and jump traffic jams.
Traveling at significantly less than the limit for a road when conditions allow.
Lane hogging.
Undertaking.
Tailgating.
Speeding.
Lack of signals when changing lanes.
Changing lanes without looking.
Cutting into the gap I leave for safe braking.
On traffic islands. Signalling to turn off before the exit previous to their intended exit giving misleading signals to traffic waiting to join the island.
Motor bikes without effective silencers at 5 am.(reminder to self, must buy some potatoes)
Parking on pavements and not leaving enough space for wheel chairs, prams etc.
Drivers who are happy to park making access to my drive way difficult, yet leave plenty of room for their own. (Neighbour with two spaces on their drive, but has four cars and a Transit sized van)

Basically every other driver....:confused_old:

• Wow
Reactions: volts
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
What I find annoying on the motorway is when you are in either the middle or offside lane and a car comes up behind you and virtually rides on your rear bumper.

You pull over to let them pass and they then hover in that lane behind you on your offside not overtaking however the lane that you are in you are now catching up with slower moving traffic. If they are in such a hurry why don't they simply overtake you so you can move back into the faster flowing lane?

Reactions: JB1
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site

Rant over
Touareg Drivers :devilish:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Those joining a motorway or dual carriageway via a slip road who think those already on the motorway/dual carriageway have to give way/move over to let them join. This whole situation is made worse by cars simply not leaving sufficient space in front of them.

JB1

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
how rude
Multi lane roads , where traffic going slower than you ( you driving with in speed limits) pull out in front of you to overtake a slower moving vehicle than them selves therefore slowing you down causing you to brake just because they did not want to slow down and wait for an appropriate gap to make their over take or speed up to the lane speed they moved into . But it’s ok to make you slow down ? Rude

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Those joining a motorway or dual carriageway via a slip road who think those already on the motorway/dual carriageway have to give way/move over to let them join. This whole situation is made worse by cars simply not leaving sufficient space in front of them.
And those joining not accelerating upto speed to safely pull out without making me slow down! The slip lane is technically an acceleration lane.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
And those joining not accelerating upto speed to safely pull out without making me slow down! The slip lane is technically an acceleration lane.
The slip road may be to allow acceleration but it also has a broken line where it joins the nearside lane which makes it a "give way" junction, and traffic on a slip road must should give way to traffic on the motorway.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Another annoyance which I am sure we have all encountered. You are on an a road cruising along at about 50mph when a car pulls out of the junction in front of you causing you to brake heavily as they are only travelling at about 20mph!

The other one is on the motorway when you are in the nearside lane and coming up to a junction, but you are not turning off. A car overtakes you, and cuts in between you and the car in front and the brakes so that they can turn off at the junction!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts