What is the future of the C & C Club

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Chrissie yes you are right, choice is a good thing but you seem to have a problem with people highlighting problems with the C&CC. Is it wrong to utter words of criticism on here about the pot holes / mud / poor waste emptying facilities / unfair rules etc. Ive only been a member of the CC for 2 years and the CCC for 1. I'm prepared to give up age concession for nicer pitches and nicer wardens. I certainly dont feel threatened by the C&CC in fact if there were complaints about the C.C. on here I would agree if they was justified. Its silly sweeping problems under the carpet and pretending the potholes etc. dont exist.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your Lordship, I quite agree that problems should not be ignored. All that I can say is that I have encountered none of the problems you mention on any of the sites I have used, yet some statements were suggesting that such problems were the norm on C&CC sites. Some of the other comments made seemed rather silly - smaller pitches for instance. As both sites apply the same 6 metre rule, I find it hard to understand how the pitch size could differ much. I disagree with the

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Your Lordship, I quite agree that problems should not be ignored. All that I can say is that I have encountered none of the problems you mention on any of the sites I have used, yet some statements were suggesting that such problems were the norm on C&CC sites. Some of the other comments made seemed rather silly - smaller pitches for instance. As both sites apply the same 6 metre rule, I find it hard to understand how the pitch size could differ much. I disagree with the

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
The site I had problems with was Winchcombe and I see someone in an earlier post had problems there too. I have received a letter from the C&CC saying they are investigating the matter but that was a week ago. I will keep you posted on the outcome. :O)
The very first site that we used when we started caravanning in the UK was Winchcome and we used it again few months later. I would be interested in their reply as it was the attitude at Winchcombe that made us decide not to renew our membership.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
The site I had problems with was Winchcombe and I see someone in an earlier post had problems there too. I have received a letter from the C&CC saying they are investigating the matter but that was a week ago. I will keep you posted on the outcome. :O)
We had a week at the C&CC site at Winchcombe at the beginning of October, and had no problems with the wardens, they appeared as friendly as any others we have encountered on our travels this year. We've used this site on three other occasions, and have enjoyed those stays equally... admittedly we didn't turn up before 12pm!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Update on Winchcombe - I received a reply from the C& C C today regarding arriving on site 20 minutes early ( see above post)

......... basically they are sorry that I disagree with the early arrival fee. They did note that my problem could have been dealt with in a more flexible manner but ALL site managers have been told that the "early arrival fee" should be levied on ALL arrivals before 12 noon. On that statement how could the wardens deal with it flexibly.

So it seems that the ruling is totally inflexible so I pity the poor camper whose partner might for example be having a heart attack. They will have to pay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Update on Winchcombe - I received a reply from the C& C C today regarding arriving on site 20 minutes early ( see above post)

......... basically they are sorry that I disagree with the early arrival fee. They did note that my problem could have been dealt with in a more flexible manner but ALL site managers have been told that the "early arrival fee" should be levied on ALL arrivals before 12 noon. On that statement how could the wardens deal with it flexibly.

So it seems that the ruling is totally inflexible so I pity the poor camper whose partner might for example be having a heart attack. They will have to pay

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My earlier post about David Bellamy and the green issues was not meant to reflect my dislike for the C&CC in fact I like and use both clubs sites and have had very few problems at any sites. It was just that i feel David bellamy has found himself a nice little earner with the whole caravan business, especially the C&CC. In some cases he has improved sites but there are sites which even the wardens don't like what he is trying to do. he suggests leaving more areas around pitches un cut to promote wild flowers, grasses etc. In some cases the pitches begin to look very untidy and are difficult to manage.

Getting back to the subject I think both clubs offer us caravanners a great choice and I am sure sometimes the wardens do have a lot to put up with and they do have their off days.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts