What make of dog do you own?

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
we have two cavalier king charles spaniels, father and daughter. they are the reason we bought our first caravan as we could not leave them alone for an hour never mind two weeks. they are both caravan veterans now having travelled the length and breadth of the country with us.
sorry pressed enter twice clot??.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Not sure own's the right word - we get to share our home and van with 1 West highland White, a Yorkshire terror (yes terror), a male maltese called monty (aka the monst-ter) and a 1 year old maltese ***** - a right pack !! love them to bits really !
Hi Michael

As soon as I posted I thought the title might be a little wrong!

May 25, 2005
Visit site
we have two cavalier king charles spaniels, father and daughter. they are the reason we bought our first caravan as we could not leave them alone for an hour never mind two weeks. they are both caravan veterans now having travelled the length and breadth of the country with us.
That explains everything! I didn't know the reason for duplication of messages. Thanks for the clarification. Will watch the fingers when submitting in future.

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
It took me a full 6 months to get over the loss of Misty our Mini Schnauzer Paul. Five years down the line and Ive only just been able to look at videos we took of here. Still brings a lump in my throat though. I think a lot of the grief in some cases like my own is its because I blamed myself in a way because I felt so helpless. I will never forget that pleading look in her eyes or the look of despair in her eyes as I held her as she took her last breath after the vet put her out of her suffering. He didn't know what had brought her life to an early end, she was only 6. I realise that some people hate dogs and think dog lovers are a sad lot but I dont care. They are far more affectionate, trusting and loyal than many humans. Misty has been cremated and her casket is going in with me when I pop my clogs. The trouble is I have to go through the grieving process three more times yet, thats if I outlive them :O( Thats enough of the morbidity, I need cheering up now.
Losing a dog is incredibly distressing - I've had to have two long-lived dogs PTS and it's one of the few things that that has made me cry openly and uncontrollably. But to put things into perspective, I have taken the view that we never actually own animals - we only ever care for them through their all-too-short lives. We do not decide their life expectancy. If we have made their lives happy, we should celebrate that achievement, and once the grief subsides go out and do the same for another animal, preferably a rescue case. That's what we do and we currently have two great dogs. We love them dearly, and eventually we know we'll regret their passing too. But every one of them will be remembered as the special canines they were...

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mikes wife here

We've two Golden Retrievers ages 7 & 8. The younger one had an op for a ruptured cruciate four weeks ago. Although recovered well from op and(unders vets instructions she is allowed a stroll up the road and back now) she has started limping after resting and doesn't put much weight on the bad leg. Clive V seeing as your dog had the same thing, any advise? I'm a bit worried that the repair might have failed. Is this likely? She is off for a check up at the vets on Wednesday, so I hope he can put my mind at rest.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We have two labradors. A white female 10 Yrs old (Misty)and a chocolate male 2 Yrs old (Teddy).

I agree with lord B, it's such a wrench when you have to part from your beloved pet. We have lost three dogs so far and misty won't be long as she has loads of mass cell tumors which re occurr everytime the vet operates to remove them.

We might be deemed sad by the non dog loving crowd, but there are two things my dogs do for me that no one else does.

Their love and attention is un conditional and free.

When I come home stressed out from a hard day at work, a warm waggy tailed welcome and a stroking session with the dogs soon melts away the stressed eric in me.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
We have two labradors. A white female 10 Yrs old (Misty)and a chocolate male 2 Yrs old (Teddy).

I agree with lord B, it's such a wrench when you have to part from your beloved pet. We have lost three dogs so far and misty won't be long as she has loads of mass cell tumors which re occurr everytime the vet operates to remove them.

We might be deemed sad by the non dog loving crowd, but there are two things my dogs do for me that no one else does.

When I come home stressed out from a hard day at work, a warm waggy tailed welcome and a stroking session with the dogs soon melts away the stressed eric in me.
Steve theres already been moans of people posting pics of their "yukky" dogs. Maybe we should bring this thread to an end so they can concentrate on the 1000s of other problems that cause them to be miserable old gits. heheh!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
May be we could turn to a service basis and that would make everyone happy.

A "does my B1m look big in this" service or an I trying to hard with the comm over to hide the bald patch.

We could even offer a "fashion police" service for , you know the sort of thing. Do blue wellies go with a pink cagoule, do the wind break stripes go with the Awning and Caravan artwork.

Or is the clash of colour between the cutlery tray and the that the sun longers padded cushion a little to much.

Place your photo's on chit chat and let the new advice service benefit everyone on here ;-)

Surely everyone will be happy if the photo addition to the site also offers a "service" :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Steve theres already been moans of people posting pics of their "yukky" dogs. Maybe we should bring this thread to an end so they can concentrate on the 1000s of other problems that cause them to be miserable old gits. heheh!
why should peoplewho dislike dogs

be classified as miserable old gits.

an insulting comment on people you do not know.

roger

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have Oskar the standard schnauzer who hates travelling so wont be with us in the van and Frank the boston terrier whos only 7 months and loves travelling so is now officially our caravan dog

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
We have Rosie, an Old English Sheepdog (Dulux). She's the reason we got into caravanning as we wanted to go away for holidays / weekends with her but (in the UK at least) very few hotels take dogs and those that do put you in grotty rooms.

This is probably going off on a different thread but why do so many pubs (and I'm not talking about pubs that have become restaurants) not allow dogs but do allow screaming brats to run around? I'd rather drink in a pub that had a few well behaved dogs sitting quietly than listen to other peoples ill behaved monsters screaming the place down!

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Paul I think that is a bit unfair, I think it was decided on this forum along time a go that there are pain in the a**e dog owners as well, have been to many a pub where there are clumps of dog s**t outside with very well behaved kids inside.!!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
May be we could turn to a service basis and that would make everyone happy.

A "does my B1m look big in this" service or an I trying to hard with the comm over to hide the bald patch.

We could even offer a "fashion police" service for , you know the sort of thing. Do blue wellies go with a pink cagoule, do the wind break stripes go with the Awning and Caravan artwork.

Or is the clash of colour between the cutlery tray and the that the sun longers padded cushion a little to much.

Place your photo's on chit chat and let the new advice service benefit everyone on here ;-)

Surely everyone will be happy if the photo addition to the site also offers a "service" :)
lmaaaoooooooo

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

If you hate dogs why are you reading a dog thread?? Getting ammunition for a whinge maybe?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We got a Dalmatian called Kushti and a Jack Russell called Tuppence, they are mad like the owner because we all love our caravaning life, all our dogs have been from the dog home in the past, Trevor.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
If you've not guessed from my user name, we've two Border Collies, Sam's a 14yr old who thinks he's still a pup (have to lift him into the van most times due to his & my arthritis!)and Katy is a whirlwind rescue dog, we think about 4 yrs old. They both know when we're getting ready to leave to pick up the van so they sit by the front door and love every minute on site

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
Paul I think that is a bit unfair, I think it was decided on this forum along time a go that there are pain in the a**e dog owners as well, have been to many a pub where there are clumps of dog s**t outside with very well behaved kids inside.!!
...don't blame the dogs or the kids - it's those looking after them !!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we lost our toby a ruby caviler king charles last september he was 12years and he was lovley full of charm of his own we have decided not to have another dog

they are i tye when caravanning you have to take them every where with you and i did not like putting him in kennels in the winter when we went abroad

but being honest we really miss having a dog around

from sue

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
Ours is a 10 month old Alsation called Zinda. First trip in the caravan at 14 weeks and have just spent 2 months in the Scottish Borders at Lidalia (Newcastleton).

Perfect for the dog with forrest and riverside walks (Oh and the pubs only 5 min walk and is dog friendly).

PS Dont tell anybody about this site or I wont get booked in when I want.

Steve

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts