WHAT!!!!!! must be a joke

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just booked a static van for our daughter and her family at Waterside, Weymouth for 7 nights from the 28th August. Not been there but it looks like a nice park with lots of facilities, pool, spa etc and I found 2 privately owned vans available, 2 bedroom for £400 and 3 bedroom for £500. Thought we might also take our tourer so I checked with the Haven site next door (no tourers at Waterside) and was quoted £743 for 7 nights touring pitch!!!!! (we wont be going!) Jim

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi J&P - Are you sure you looked at the touring section of their website?
I've just looked and there are two sites in Weymouth and I got prices ranging from £260 to £300 for an EHU for 7 days from 28th August.
Just in case you haven't booked on-line with haven before look to the right hand side of main home page and click on "campimg and touring" - it's in pretty small text so is easy to overlook.
I've always found their prices very reasonable - in fact we've just booked 5 nights at Blue Dolphin in Scarborough EHU Hard standing for the amazing price of £33 in mid September for two adults.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi LADA, thanks for your reply. Yes you are quite right and I have found where I went wrong! From the Haven home page I clicked on camping and caravans which took me to a page which is all abbout C&C at Haven and in the top right hand corner has a box labled "check availability" which I did and got the price I quoted, but I now see that, despite the page being all about C&C I still had to go to the C&C website. I have tried again and got the same price that you did. I have been to Haven a few years ago and got a very good deal, from memory I think it was something like £30+£35 for the dog for a week in may and the same for another in june. Jim.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts