What's normal operation for whale water on gas

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
Hi.

Is anyone able to tell me if this is normal.

I have a 8 litre whale hot water heater, the blue one with black insulation around it and to operate it a 3 position switch for electric and a 2 position switch to turn the gas on or off.

It works perfectly heating up water on electric but unsure about the gas side of things

When it is full of cold water I turn the gas on the gas ignites, as indicated by the green light on the switches, it will run for around a minute then turn off. 30 seconds later it will re-ignite run for a short period of time and then turn off again for say 40 seconds.

It continues to do this on off on off sequence. The red lockout led does not come on and the boiler will quite happily keep starting up and switching off every few minutes or so.

Should it be doing this or should the gas stay on untill the water is hot, then turn off

Thank you.

Dan

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi Danuk,
Please contact our Customer Support Team who will do all they can to assist you with your query. Contact details below.
Tel: 02891 270531 (weekdays) or 0845 217 2933 (weekends)
Email: info@whalepumps.com
Alternatively send me the best number to get you on in a private message and I will get one of our team to give you a call.
Best wishes
Hayley

Sep 12, 2018
Visit site
I will let know once I have spoke to them, as I would like an answer wether the boiler should stay on untill the water is hot or keeps going on and off as I don't want to pay for it to be looked at if it is working as it should.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts