What's the present "Rolls-Royce" of caravans?

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Back in the day, Carlight were the ultimate quality in caravans but their demise allowed VanRoyce and Vanmaster to claim the accolade and Auto-Sleeper built high quality tourers for a short while but the market seems devoid of an ultimate high brand at present.

The big manufacturers all make feature laden versions of their top models, at eye-watering prices, but not in the same top-class - more Ford Vignale than Rolls-Royce.

Do any of the foreign brands have the equivalent of Carlight?

Reactions: GaryB
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I suppose the European Airstreams are about the only equivalent now (if they’re still made)? I wonder if the market/buying public have now changed where not many actually want something like that?

Reactions: RogerL
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure there is anything these days.. To be a Rolls Royce of caravans you need to have excellent quality and plenty of options. There are some quality models out there but I do not see the options and extras that firms like Carlight provided, like lead crystal glasses with the company crest. Tabbert and Dethleffs and the like are not going that extra mile to achieve that level.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts