What's your favourite season for caravanning?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
DSC_0022_zpslf849mee.jpg

Montruiel Sur Mer Feb 2013.
20160825_193404_zpszbgh3vih.jpg

Cesseacon, Sur Orb, August 2016.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a favourite time of year. although my most abiding memory is on a CL near Chesterfield, we arrived on site in bright winter sunshine, very cold, pitched then watched one of most beautiful sunsets we've seen. Woke up in the morning, again the sun was shining but there had been the best part of six inches of snowfall during the night, beautiful, the same view but different. Will caravan any time of year, always in the UK.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
As a miserable clod of earth with grass on top, I prefer winter in the caravan as there are less people about. Nothing like walking the dogs first thing on a frosty morning. :cheer:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Martin24 said:
As a miserable clod of earth with grass on top, I prefer winter in the caravan as there are less people about. Nothing like walking the dogs first thing on a frosty morning. :cheer:

In my case it could be - Nothing like watching others walking their dogs first thing on a frosty morning, :p

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I must be lucky, as long as there is a pub within a mile that serves good wine the Boss is happy to go away at any time of the year..

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
All year we have just had a week away we have a week end booked soon and have booked xmas away so any time is the right time

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
One of the features I value most about my caravan is it's ability to change the season :)
Nothing like during the depth of winter in the UK, heading south to the Mediterranean and finding Spring :)

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
We'll go away any time of year that we can find a free weekend! But I agree with Martin that there's just something special about spring. From the first appearance of daffodils, to the realisation that you don't need to put that winter coat on this morning, to the shift to British summer time and arriving home from work in daylight (on some evenings at least) to ducks, swans and geese nesting on our local canal to being able to go for evening walks through bluebells and wild garlic.

It peaked two weeks ago when my bike came back from service and the weather was pleasant enough to go for a ride at sunset. Happiness redefined :)

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Angelfire said:
Spring and autumn is the best, but don't mind summer or winter. All have their plus points.

I'm the same to be honest, I love it out there this time of year and again in the Autumn but the summer is also good and we go through the winter as well. Might as well get the use out of the van.
the season When the New Forest off grid sites are open from March ish through to late September or early October are the best months.

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Whenever we can get away !
As we have only been caravanning for a year we have not yet tried the depths of winter - latest was a Halloween weekend last year and then was back out again in late Feb this year.
Fancying getting away between Christmas and New Year this year as I have an enforced week off work at Christmas and it seems to be mostly spent sitting around the house watching TV and eating chocs - after all I could be doing that in the van ! ;)

TRENDING THREADS