What's your "must have" gadget while on the road?

SHaines

Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Visit site
While many places around the world are still locked down, we are seeing more and more locations lifting travel restrictions.

Whether you're an expert caravanner, or looking to start exploring the country side anew, what travel accessories do you think are absolutely essential?

Hit us with your top accessories and why they are so important and maybe you can help make someone's next adventure even better!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
While many places around the world are still locked down, we are seeing more and more locations lifting travel restrictions.

Whether you're an expert caravanner, or looking to start exploring the country side anew, what travel accessories do you think are absolutely essential?

Hit us with your top accessories and why they are so important and maybe you can help make someone's next adventure even better!

Duct tape, WD40 and if I’m feeling extravagant an assortment of zip ties and plastic rivets.

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Car? Sorry.;)
Stain remover. We drink quite a lot of wine when abroad.
Laptop to FaceTime/Zoom family.
Tool kit (reduced to caravan essentials).
That's it really.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allegra_02
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think my best Essential "on the road " would be the tyre pressure /temp monitor for the caravan, it gives me a real feeling of saftey on the move.

Reactions: Guzzilazz
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Cold beer or cider for when we arrive at our destination so a good quality cooler is essential. Then a Caravan Satnav.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Small tool kit, including Gaffer tape

Good road Map. Spose to have all singing and dancing sat nav, don't trust it.

Extra Strong peppermints, need to able to pop one in my mouth, only when driving, use to be a heavy smoker and still need a prop.

A couple of Ciders.

And SWMBO

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Torque wrench.
Lock n Level.
Travel journal (maintained by my wife as I haven't the patience).
Decent camera.
Reversed Polarity extension for power cable (if going abroad).
Mosquito/midge spray/deterrent.
Hand sanitiser and surface wipes/disposable gloves/facemasks.
"Pocketalk" electronic translator.
Ant powder (we once had an ant invasion which resulted in our food being absolutely covered in the little blighters-never again!).

Last edited:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Small plastic toolbox containing hand tools, insulating tape, self tapping screws gaffa tape and velcro strips , zip ties
Corkscrew/ bottle/ can opener.
Caravan levelling ramps.
Mains water Aquaroll kit + coiled length waste water drain hose.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
The most important "must have gadget" to me is a Smart Phone (Samsung Galaxy S8 at the moment). Navigation/Communication/entertainment/photography is in your pocket. Add another phone and you have 2-way communication with a travel partner for manoeuvring (Cell coverage permitting) very useful at noisy Motorway Service Areas when you're blocked in!

Accessories wise, personal hygiene and Covid mitigation aside, as I've carried hand sanitiser in the car for years, a tyre pressure gauge, a 12v inflator and torque wrench are essential items. I have also purchased a spare tyre for my car to replace the emergency inflation kit which it came with.

However, Towing Mirrors are the single most important accessory item that seem to be over-looked by many. I shudder when I see people towing without them.

TRENDING THREADS