When good news make you fed up!

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I am in the lucky position of being able to keep my caravan at home on my drive and generally I will go in and check it every few weeks or after any particularly wet weather, I decided today to give it a check and at the same time check other things such as sockets, lights, fridge, fire and such like, I was really pleased that everything checked out perfectly, I looked in every nook and cranny for any first signs of damp such as musty smells or soft patches on the walls and after a good prod and poke I'm pretty sure it's as dry as Ghandi's flip flops, I'm sure there will be the odd hinge here and there that needs tightening up and some of the blinds will no doubt need re-tensioning but to say I was pleased with everything is a bit of an under statement, so with all this good news why has it left me feeling fed up? Well up till now we have usually started going out with the van around end of April or early May, I hold my hand up and readily admit to being a fair weather caravanner, this year we have though decided we are going to get far more use out of the van and will deff be off on first trip by end of March or very early April, my reasons for being fed up are that I am now back indoors thinking its around a month till were going to be using it, just going to check it out reminds me of how much I enjoy being away in it, I know I could go now but to be honest I want it to get a little warmer and for there to be a few more people at the camps to chat and pass the time of day with, so I am going to have to be content with using my weekends in giving it a good bit of spit and polish to have it gleaming and ready, I do have a couple of jobs to do, going to replace my tyres and also need a new battery, I bet there are loads of people itching to get away the same as me, roll on the next few weeks......

BP

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I know how you feel BP
smiley-cry.gif

Our caravan is waiting for us in in the barn where we store it and we were due to go on our first rally earlier this month................until the dreaded lurgy struck!
First of all I had a bad cold which became a chest infection but our GP prescribed a weeks worth of anti-biotics which soon cleared it up.
This meant that we could still go, but then Herself caught my cold so the caravan stayed where it is.
smiley-frown.gif

Our next rally is scheduled for March 16th and we're going no matter what!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sometimes I just sit in mine on the driveway.
smiley-embarassed.gif
We were going to go away in Feb half term but then got the puppy and had to wait until she had her jabs. Roll on March 16th.
mel

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Mel, my sister and I always end up sitting and chatting whenever we go in our van on the drive.Himself even brings us a cuppa out.We start off doing little bit of cleaning and then up go our feet and we have fallen asleep in there too!! We are getting ready to roll off the drive in a couple of weeks.Goodo!!!!
Thursdays Child

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hey Parksy and Lady Mel we have beaten you both by one day we are going on the 15th March
smiley-smile.gif

Going to the C+CC site at Tavistock only about 35 miles from home but like the rest of you cant wait
Spit and polish awaits the van this weekend.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
We are going out for the first ever time next weekend (9th) and Mel, we could sit in it all day (warmer weather permitting of couse) just dreaming about when we are out and about in it! Apparently the site where we are going to is fully booked for weekend! (Caravan Club site) so they must know something about the weather one hopes? Lisa.

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
cant beat any of you guy`a not going till 23rd but have seen plenty of you in the last couple of weeks up and down the motorways and put my hand up to most of you i look a bit of a simpleton but wish you all a safe and happy trip

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Like most of you we always have our coffee in the caravan when we are cleaning it ready for our first trip. We sit and ponder and plan. Our first outing is to Sheepcote Valley in Brighton for the May Day Bank Holiday. Going for 5 nights and our daughter is joining us. We go there at least once a year. Brighton has such a lovely atmosphere and the site is very good. We would have gone away earlier but we have a package trip to Jersey for 9 nights from 3 April courtesy of Airmiles. That's all free, never had to pay a penny which will make it all the more enjoyable. Happy and safe caravanning to all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts