When I retire..................................................

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Aw bless. I can't answer your question I'm afraid.

You've got to take your hat off to emmerson and his wife, they certainly get about and enjoy themselves.

I met up with emmerson and his wife in Cumbria last year and they are lovely.

Lisa

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Pat, if you own your house, rent it out and disappear for 6 months! I bet that if you travel carefully, go to europe off peak, camp in small sites etc, the dosh may go further than you think.

My plan is to retire and then work part time if I can. Preferably doing the bits of my job that I like the best.

mel

G

Move out of the UK and put your kids to work for you. Well I got one out of two :)

Left StRaphael this morning and just about to have dinner in Baden Baden. GREAT day.

And anyway work is a four letter word 'retired' has more of a classy ring to it!

G

Guess we'd all like to do that, got a bit of a way to go yet though(thankfully)
happy0060.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Morning all.Pat, when I was working, I too used to worry about how we'd keep up our lifestyle after retirement,but you'd be surprised at just how well you can manage.We don't have a particularly big income now, but what we have we manage well. Our car is 15 years old, the caravan is thirty years old, so the money which we could have spent on new vehicles (which would have been financed as we 've never had the capital to buy)we now spend on enjoying the outfit we've got.Our pleasures in life are simple, we don't smoke, or drink (well, not much!)but by 'eck, we do enjoy life!

Mind you, we do drink blended whisky now, where we used to drink single malts!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Emmerson I read an article some while ago comparing blended whiskies and Tesco Special Reserve came out on top. I bought a bottle out of curiosity and have to admit it is quite a nice whisky. In my opinion it is far nicer than Teacher's, Bells and the dearer mass marketed whiskies and very good value for money.

However I reckon it is impossible to beat a good single malt Irish whiskey - with apologies to our Scottish friends.

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
Would love to do that now that we are retired but our son has special needs so needs to come with us. He also works so we try to do as much touring as we can fitting in with his work. We've tried to persuade him that living and working in Cornwall would be a great idea but he gets worried about it so we've stopped talking about that.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Emmerson I read an article some while ago comparing blended whiskies and Tesco Special Reserve came out on top. I bought a bottle out of curiosity and have to admit it is quite a nice whisky. In my opinion it is far nicer than Teacher's, Bells and the dearer mass marketed whiskies and very good value for money.

However I reckon it is impossible to beat a good single malt Irish whiskey - with apologies to our Scottish friends.
Colin, I agree that some branded whiskies are over rated, and do not compare well with some supermarkets own brands. Don't agree about Irish though. A wee dram of Macallan, or, better still Laphroiag sets me up a treat. We'll have to meet up and have a tasting session............

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Pat, it sounds like less time to retirement if you count in months, so you've only got 108 months to go. I think I can go in about 72 months. Mind you I might have finished digging Tom or Harry before then.

mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To pass the time why not draw five bar gates on the office wall similar to what prisoners do in their cells - wont make retrement come sooner but it sure as hell makes a mess on the office wall for the next occupant.

May 21, 2007
Visit site
At least when the time comes to retire I will have done plenty of driving up and down the country. My wife and I are hoping that we get another 10 years out of our outfit.

Not much time for my hobby at the moment though that will change come the revolution.

Retirement..... can't wait

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts