When will they open?

Page 7 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well my first time there and they said you are Caravan Club member because we have ask for a hardstanding service pitch in the Adult Section

It is a private family run site affiliated (AS)to the Caravan and Motorhome Club. It decides its own timescale for opening depending on HMG rulings.

Reactions: Beachball
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think you will find that the majority of caravan sites are actually privately owned, and some may franchise the CAMH or C&C branding, and as such its the sites owner's to comply with the HMG regulations. I am sure the clubs will have been offering advice, and encouraging a cohesive opening schedule.

There is talk that if some localities have high R values, the decision regarding allowing reopening may be delayed and may be put into the hands of local authorities equally if the R values start to rise there might be locally enforced lock-downs.

Also there may be some sites that for one reason or another have been unable to comply with the re-opening requirements and may need to remain closed.

I strongly suggest you check with your destination site they are actually open before starting your journey's

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I think you will find that the majority of caravan sites are actually privately owned, and some may franchise the CAMH or C&C branding, and as such its the sites owner's to comply with the HMG regulations. I am sure the clubs will have been offering advice, and encouraging a cohesive opening schedule.

There is talk that if some localities have high R values, the decision regarding allowing reopening may be delayed and may be put into the hands of local authorities equally if the R values start to rise there might be locally enforced lock-downs.

Also there may be some sites that for one reason or another have been unable to comply with the re-opening requirements and may need to remain closed.

I strongly suggest you check with your destination site they are actually open before starting your journey's
Hi Prof i sent them a email a few minutes ago just to check if they are reopening if not i will transfer it to next year then look for another site :D

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Rutland Caravan and Camping site, in Gretham is a private site. Affiliated to both clubs. They have now upgraded all pitches to fully serviced. Nice site, 1/4 mile walk to the village through a keypad gate. Via a footpath.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Rutland Caravan and Camping site, in Gretham is a private site. Affiliated to both clubs. They have now upgraded all pitches to fully serviced. Nice site, 1/4 mile walk to the village through a keypad gate. Via a footpath.
Hi Hutch That reason i wanted to stay because it got Fully Serviced Hardstanding Pitch and they are putting me near the Toiletblock / Disabled

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Latest update just received a email from Rutland Caravan and Camping Site / Caravan Club it depends on the Government (Boris Green Light) but they are hoping to reopening on 4th July and follow all the Covid -19 Guidelines

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think that if you want to travel in early July you may have to wait until very near the last minute to find out if you can. We have anticipated dates for opening sites but the final decision has yet to be made on these and although the sites have tried to sort out the requirements these also have not been published. This could mean a delay in opening for some if they have guessed wrongly.

Reactions: ProfJohnL

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Speculation on when sites affiliated to both the C&CC and the C&MHC is rife and I'm sure that those of us who have been shielded will exercise as much care with our personal safety and the safety of others as we have been doing up to now when we hitch up and go.
Cornwall area health authority may well continue to bar non essential visitors for a while even if sites have been given government permission to reopen, so it may be worthwhile checking with the site that you're hoping to visit to avoid becoming an unwelcome visitor.
Common sense versus Good Sense?
We've had chapter and verse from the government on how to keep ourselves safe since March.
Some of the government advice has been good, some of it flawed, and we now have the benefit of hindsight to help us to decide which one is which.
Stay safe and enjoy our hobby, we don't need crowds to have great times with a caravan.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Speculation on when sites affiliated to both the C&CC and the C&MHC is rife and I'm sure that those of us who have been shielded will exercise as much care with our personal safety and the safety of others as we have been doing up to now when we hitch up and go.
Cornwall area health authority may well continue to bar non essential visitors for a while even if sites have been given government permission to reopen, so it may be worthwhile checking with the site that you're hoping to visit to avoid becoming an unwelcome visitor.
Common sense versus Good Sense?
We've had chapter and verse from the government on how to keep ourselves safe since March.
Some of the government advice has been good, some of it flawed, and we now have the benefit of hindsight to help us to decide which one is which.
Stay safe and enjoy our hobby, we don't need crowds to have great times with a caravan.
You stayed up until 12.30am to tell us that. Common sense should have told you to go to bed at 10pm. LOL! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I‘m putting this post here as I’d mentioned I was having a towbar fitted when writing previously, all done and all good, I couldn’t test the electrics connected to the caravan while the fitter was still here as in storage and weather was lousy but I went there after it was all done and everything was fine, but I’ve yet to check one thing, there was no buzzed when using indicators but the caravan indicators flashing fine, I contacted the fitter and he said there is no buzzer but if there is a fault with the caravan indicator it will show on my dash, if that’s correct then I’m fine with that and when I fetch the caravan home I shall check if this is correct by taking both indicator bulbs out in turn and seeing that I get notification, not heard of this before but I’ll check it out hopefully weather permitting tomorrow and I’ll update you then

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I‘m putting this post here as I’d mentioned I was having a towbar fitted when writing previously, all done and all good, I couldn’t test the electrics connected to the caravan while the fitter was still here as in storage and weather was lousy but I went there after it was all done and everything was fine, but I’ve yet to check one thing, there was no buzzed when using indicators but the caravan indicators flashing fine, I contacted the fitter and he said there is no buzzer but if there is a fault with the caravan indicator it will show on my dash, if that’s correct then I’m fine with that and when I fetch the caravan home I shall check if this is correct by taking both indicator bulbs out in turn and seeing that I get notification, not heard of this before but I’ll check it out hopefully weather permitting tomorrow and I’ll update you then

My Subaru doesn’t buzz for the indicators. Just the normal click click. But the bulb warning system will be triggered if the caravan loses a bulb.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Ok that sounds like this will be doing, I’ll check like I said when I fetch caravan, thanks OC

It's legal and acceptable to work in one of two ways - a) a buzzer or light which tells you the trailer indicators are working - or b) a buzzer or light to warn you the trailer indicators aren't working - the former used to be more common but the latter is more common now in conjunction with car bulb failure circuits.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It's legal and acceptable to work in one of two ways - a) a buzzer or light which tells you the trailer indicators are working - or b) a buzzer or light to warn you the trailer indicators aren't working - the former used to be more common but the latter is more common now in conjunction with car bulb failure circuits.
I find that drivers in following cars flash their lights and blow their horns. !!!

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Morning all, I finally fetched caravan out of storage, only had to tow I’d guesstimate about 5 miles but I’m impressed with the towing ability of the Kuga, I’ve a busy few days now tinkering in the van and giving it a good wash and brush up, spoke to someone at the camp we’re booked in to for 18th July and she said they are still working towards opening on 4th July but she did acknowledge that nothing is still definite and they are still in the hands of our politicians.

BP

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The Site where we are going said keep everything crossed and we are working towards reopening on the 4th July (But it all depends on the government to give the green light) but we don"t go until the middle of July my wife manage to get a long weekend at the hospital she helping out with the Virus ...:giggle:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Morning all, I finally fetched caravan out of storage, only had to tow I’d guesstimate about 5 miles but I’m impressed with the towing ability of the Kuga, I’ve a busy few days now tinkering in the van and giving it a good wash and brush up, spoke to someone at the camp we’re booked in to for 18th July and she said they are still working towards opening on 4th July but she did acknowledge that nothing is still definite and they are still in the hands of our politicians.

BP
i hope you enjoyed driving the Ford Kuga with the caravan :giggle:

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A government minister (sorry I didn't catch which one) suggested that holiday and static parks might be allowed to open in mid July. Heaven (not haven) only knows if the Government recognises the difference between statics and tourer's

It seems we keep getting drip fed hints of what might happen from unauthorised sources, and media speculation which raises expectations. Only an official statement will actually signal changes.

I think its worth reiterating the advice check with your destination immediately before you set out.

Reactions: Beachball and Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There is alot of people who expecting the sites to be open on Facebook some even book from the 4th July to 20th July I just think they ought to wait until the Government gives the green light when they are opening

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There is alot of people who expecting the sites to be open on Facebook some even book from the 4th July to 20th July I just think they ought to wait until the Government gives the green light when they are opening
As long as the sites terms allow a refund of deposit, or re- booking in the event of the Government not authorising 4 July opening they will be okay. But their problem in the event of a delay could be that later dates are already booked.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It’s fine that people are booking for the 4th and I don’t blame them for doing so, as long as they realise, and I’m sure they do realise that there is nothing guaranteed for the 4th, I don’t see that they are doing anything different to what you, me and thousands of others are doing, its no different if someone books the 4th July or the 4th August neither of them has a guaranteed holiday booked, why do you think they should wait until the government makes a decision, if my memory is correct you yourself BB have a trip booked for sometime in July mid/late July I think but is that any different to what people booking the 4th is doing?

BP

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It’s fine that people are booking for the 4th and I don’t blame them for doing so, as long as they realise, and I’m sure they do realise that there is nothing guaranteed for the 4th, I don’t see that they are doing anything different to what you, me and thousands of others are doing, its no different if someone books the 4th July or the 4th August neither of them has a guaranteed holiday booked, why do you think they should wait until the government makes a decision, if my memory is correct you yourself BB have a trip booked for sometime in July mid/late July I think but is that any different to what people booking the 4th is doing?

BP
We have one Mid July that plenty of time (4th july Doctors appointment ) :oops:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts