Where do you put your clothes?

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi all - we have end bathroom with wardrobe and would like to hang our clothes up when travelling to site. Would this be too much weight at the rear of the van and what do you all do with your clothes whilst on the move?

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
We leave them on the hangers and lay them over what ever is on the back seat of the car.

On arrival just hang them up.

We used to carry the clothes in the van, they ended up in a heap at the boittom of the wardrobe or we forgot to remove them on arrival back at storage.

Fouldsy and his long suffering wife Emma

Jan 7, 2006
Visit site
Same problem with us - all the clothes fell off the rail and ended up in a heap on wardrobe floor. Only things is we have two kids in the back of the car and the boot is usually pretty full!

Will maybe try placing the clothes on van seats.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
We always travel with clothes on the rail, as yet none have fallen off,same with the toilet roll some people say it's all on the floor when they arrive on site, again ours does'nt seem to move.but I will not complain. LOL.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Always lay our clothes on the front bunks, mine one side hers indoors on the other side whilst travelling. Then simply hang them up on arrival.

Used to hang in the wardrobe and fix with elastic bands around the hangers etc.. but used to notice a pendilum / swinging motion from time to time particularly if we were going away for a long period of time with plenty of clothes.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
we put ours on :) if you need to give this subject this level of research you are taking to many clothes with you ! Keep it minimal you 're going for a break or holiday ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes, we put ours in the wardrobe alternate as well. I sometimes take my suit if I have a meeting and my wife puts the trousers left leg over the hanger across to the right, then the right leg across to the left, if that makes sense. They never fall off the hanger.

Oh, someone mentioned the loo roll - we always put an elastic band around ours when travelling and it doesn't unwind.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, we put ours in the wardrobe alternate as well. I sometimes take my suit if I have a meeting and my wife puts the trousers left leg over the hanger across to the right, then the right leg across to the left, if that makes sense. They never fall off the hanger.

Oh, someone mentioned the loo roll - we always put an elastic band around ours when travelling and it doesn't unwind.
Just give the loo roll a squeeze to make it oval, that stops it unrolling.

Steve W

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Although we have a rear wardrobe we always keep all our clothes in there. We check the van's noseweight and ensure it is correctly balanced. To keep the clothes on the rail we have sections of pipe insulation. The foam type with a central hole which we fit onto the rail to push the hangers close together. It works really well and nothing falls off. The insulation is cheap and handy stuff. We, also, use sections of it to pad out the arms of our Witter towbar bike rack. I could start a new thread on uses of pipe insulation in caravans!!! LOL.

Tim

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Isn't it utterly ridiculous that "touring" caravans are designed with designated wardrobes BUT if you put clothes in them they'll either upset the weight balance making the caravan unstable or end up in a creased pile at the bottom.

Why do we (collectively) keep buying crap caravans? It's not just the taps Mike!

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We had two rear ended bathroom with wardrobe 'vans, and didn't have any problems with nose weight or stability with a full wardrobe. As always the only problem was actually keeping the clothes on the rails, but a bungee strap cured that!!

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
We had two rear ended bathroom with wardrobe 'vans, and didn't have any problems with nose weight or stability with a full wardrobe. As always the only problem was actually keeping the clothes on the rails, but a bungee strap cured that!!
We also have the problem with clothes falling off the rail. My husband had to turn the rail around instead of the rail hanging left to right it now runs from the back of the caravan to the front due to us not being able to close the wardrobe door because of the width of the hanger. Does any one else have this problem? When you say that you alternate the clothes do you me turning the head of the hangers?

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Janet

We have end wardrobe we leave our clothes hung while travelling.

We use plastic coated hangers all we do is hang them on the rails and squeeze the tops together job done.

When we arrive there still there all hanging as they should be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts