Where is the gas

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Another Flowgas Gaslite user here. Easy to buy at Homebase and refills available there also.
We have always been able to find a Flowgas supplier or a Homebase close by when we have run out.
Only take one cylinder away with us

May 12, 2019
Visit site
I believe Caravan Dealers are stockpiling them. A caravan dealer near me has perhaps 40 caravans for sale, each one will need a gas bottle when sold. And when you consider that theu must have over 1 million pounds worth of stock why not sit on caravan bottles for caravan buyers.

May 14, 2023
Visit site
I’ve moved from 6kg Calor to a couple of alternatives.

Bought a 10kg Safefill refillable lpg last year. This is great at around £16 a fill, but ai have to bring it back to Glasgow to fill as there’s now no lpg stations on Cowal or within 50 miles or so of where caravan is. So good price but I needed a backup this year.

The Calor 6kg refill is around £30 from Morrisons, but I noticed Costco has the 10kg Flogas gaslights for £30 refill and around £45 for bottle. The only slight issue with these is they’re 27mm clip on rather than the 21mm or so “POL” reverse screw of the Calor/ Flogas steel or Safefill bottles.

I use gas for midge detergent as well as caravan so figured the “three fill payback” for the gas light vs the Calor was worthwhile.
Gas works out around 80p/ litre with Safefill lpg, £1.50/ l with Costco Flogas 10kg light’, or £2.50/l with Calor 6kg.

Reactions: otherclive
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Getting ready for a week away and on trying the gas burners they were getting lower and eventually died. Nipped to the nearest Calor supplier but no 6kg and nothing planned for delivery.
Went to Lady Margaret’s site in Chirk-same tale.
Rang Oxon Park, Shrewsbury and they had stock so went there. They had 20 x 6kg in stock but about 40 empties!
All sorted but £35!

Kev

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I’ve moved from 6kg Calor to a couple of alternatives.

Bought a 10kg Safefill refillable lpg last year. This is great at around £16 a fill, but ai have to bring it back to Glasgow to fill as there’s now no lpg stations on Cowal or within 50 miles or so of where caravan is. So good price but I needed a backup this year.
We generally fill up our Safefill when out and about and not before leaving home as our nearest fill up is about 10 miles away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts