Where to stay when visiting London ??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a site to stay at whilst we visit London ?

As we live north of London,a site on the 'top half' of London would be ideal.

Not too bothered about the facilities as we'll be out all day but would like it reasonably secure.

Thanks,

Mike.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When we did that some years ago we stayed at Commons Wood Caravan Club site at Welwyn Garden City and got the train into London from Hatfield station.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Some friends of ours who used to have a caravan said they have used the caravan club site ( at least I think it is cc it is oposite the holiday inn )at Hemel Hempstead and take the train in from Stanmore? I think this is the correct information I will check with them later.

Caroline

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If my memory serves me right- there is either a CC or C&CC site at Crystal Palace in London. I am at work so can't check through my site books- but remember my good lady suggesting we pay it a visit

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
We have stayed a couple of times at the Lee Valley Campsite in Chingford which is quite convenient for London but there are several other sites in the vicinity, too. Check out: http://www.stilwell.co.uk/show_town.asp?Q=camps%7CL4070390%7CP6002091

Apr 5, 2005
Visit site
Stayed at the CC site at Crystal Palace for the Caravan show last autumn. The directions given in the book were spot on and the traffic wasnt too worrying.(The locals were as frightened of the size of the 'van as I was about the busy roads.) There is good access by bus and rail into central London. All in all no probs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stayed at the CC site at Crystal Palace for the Caravan show last autumn. The directions given in the book were spot on and the traffic wasnt too worrying.(The locals were as frightened of the size of the 'van as I was about the busy roads.) There is good access by bus and rail into central London. All in all no probs
AS has already been mentioned if you a re a CC member the Site at Commons Wood Welwyn Garden City is a lovely site and is well situated for travelling into London. There is a bus service from just outside the site to the station or you can drive to Hatfield 10 mins and the station has a large car park. Access to the site is good from the A1M

TRENDING THREADS