Where Was Your Best Touring Holiday?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Last year in Norfolk. Met some nice people, had good friends staying on site, fantastic weather, a great day out on the water, great site (everything I/we needed in one place), one leisurely week and one full of activities. Great food and plenty of drink. I could go on, but you get the picture.

Some caravaner's go abroad and I'm sure they enjoy it, but I find home (the UK)(where the heart is) is just as good.

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
Our best holiday was just outside Scarborough in July last year. We met lots of nice people and love Scarborough. The cl was beautiful and quiet and we had a lovely rest. Can wait to go again this year , going to try august this year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It has got to be Camp du Lety at Benodet in Brittany (excuse my French spelling). The site was spotless and the staff all spoke English so no problem communicating. They were also very helpful - hope to go back there this year.

Benodet is a beautifule part of France - no litter, marvelous roads, no "For Sale" signs stuck outside properties, no police cars, etc. - it was so refreshingly relaxing to enjoy oneself with the freedom and no worry at all.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
My best holiday was at Christmas. We stayed at the CC site at Sandringham and while putting up the awning the peg hit something hard and when I dug it up I found the crown jewels wrapped in a Harrods bag. We took them to a pawn shop and got enough money to pay for the holiday, put the kids though college and have a slap up fish supper. Unfortunately there wasn't enough left to tax the car but we are away again soon and you never know, we might strike oil or something.

Brian (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Now Brian that is a wonderful story. However as you have now informed us I am sure Her Majesty will be after you as all buried treasure is the property of the Crown. I am afraid it will be the Tower for you with no exception - still think of it as a free holiday.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
In that case Colin can I say that was only making it up ,it wasn't true and I only said it make people think that I was interesting.

Sorry

Brian (",)

Let that be a lesson to others ;O)

May 4, 2005
Visit site
In that case Colin can I say that was only making it up ,it wasn't true and I only said it make people think that I was interesting.

Sorry

Brian (",)

Please insert "I" and "to" where appropiate ;O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Sorry

Brian (",)

Brian - I made it up - I have no idea of your parentage - sorry mate but I thought I would also make people think I was interesting and not a grumpy old man. hehehe

May 4, 2005
Visit site

Sorry

Brian (",)

That's ok Colin you are forgiven as I am very tolerant and respect other's opinions.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Brian (which is doubtless your real name), but you're still boring. I nearly fell asleep just now.

You would look far more interesting if you had friends in high places, had experienced everything that life has to offer so that you can give an informed opinion on everything, had a really nice and rare car, lived in a big expensive house with land etc etc.

Oh, I nearly forgot. You would also be more interesting if you had had a privileged upbringing in a huge house with servants, had travelled around the world first class as a child, and had gold and silver saved for your retirement in a Swiss bank.

Mike (which is my real name)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My best holiday was at Christmas. We stayed at the CC site at Sandringham and while putting up the awning the peg hit something hard and when I dug it up I found the crown jewels wrapped in a Harrods bag. We took them to a pawn shop and got enough money to pay for the holiday, put the kids though college and have a slap up fish supper. Unfortunately there wasn't enough left to tax the car but we are away again soon and you never know, we might strike oil or something.

Brian (",)
I would like to take this opportunity to post on behalf of Lord B. "LMAO". There, that's better.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What makes you so sure he hasn't, Mike? Just because Brian doesn't like to brag about it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

I for one, have sent him numerous begging letters, but getting a stamp without his likeness on it, is embarrassing.

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Guys, well done! I do not know if it is as a result of this, or maybe the (parallel?) 'Unusual Objects' thread, but for some reason (it could be something else entirely) I have found the forum to have had a refreshing air today.

Keep up the good work and let's hope it stays friendly and informative, and maybe this will entice Lisa to return to the fold.

By the way Brian (St Albans) it is just as well you confessed. Please try and be more realistic with your tales; it was quite obvious you would not realise sufficient funds for a CC site holiday by pawning the Crown Jewels.

Enjoy your holidays.

Trevor M

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm sure WE can colin, but the disruptive element is temporarily missing. As I said, when Liz returns, she may be able to throw some light on it.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Brian (which is doubtless your real name), but you're still boring. I nearly fell asleep just now.

You would look far more interesting if you had friends in high places, had experienced everything that life has to offer so that you can give an informed opinion on everything, had a really nice and rare car, lived in a big expensive house with land etc etc.

Oh, I nearly forgot. You would also be more interesting if you had had a privileged upbringing in a huge house with servants, had travelled around the world first class as a child, and had gold and silver saved for your retirement in a Swiss bank.

Mike (which is my real name)
:O)

May 4, 2005
Visit site
What makes you so sure he hasn't, Mike? Just because Brian doesn't like to brag about it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

I for one, have sent him numerous begging letters, but getting a stamp without his likeness on it, is embarrassing.
That wasn't a fancy dress I had on last Easter Lol ;O)

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Guys, well done! I do not know if it is as a result of this, or maybe the (parallel?) 'Unusual Objects' thread, but for some reason (it could be something else entirely) I have found the forum to have had a refreshing air today.

Keep up the good work and let's hope it stays friendly and informative, and maybe this will entice Lisa to return to the fold.

By the way Brian (St Albans) it is just as well you confessed. Please try and be more realistic with your tales; it was quite obvious you would not realise sufficient funds for a CC site holiday by pawning the Crown Jewels.

Enjoy your holidays.

Trevor M
;O)

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
Anglesea! Surprisingly very beautiful - Beaumaris, Bull Bay, Red Wharfe Bay etc: Good walks, good food, history and archeology abounding (mostly no charge, you simply park up and explore...neolithic burial chambers, ancient churches, bronze age villages). Loads of hidden little beaches, good pubs and friendly people. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts