Wheres Sprocket?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sir Rog My Old Dog
I too wondered. In fact at one time I thought Sprocket had come back as Gagkev. Note how Kev sems to entertain us all with his wit and icon thingies and links.
Sprocket's best of course was the crawling bug inside my screen!
smiley-smile.gif

Perhaps I'll invite him to the PC Woosie Club
smiley-cool.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Think the time that our good friend Sprockett left us was when the forum changed format.
11.gif

He was a very knowledgable chappie and was a mine of information (Usefull stuff not like mine) and links.
PS Thanks for kind words DD
2.gif

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I miss him popping up with the link for all occassions.I hope he is well and happy wherever he is. If he has been kidnapped by another forum perhaps we could ransom him back.How to go about it tho? This is where he should appea with the link!!!
ONE,TWO THREEEEEE!!!!
Thursdays Child

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
He seems to have become the missing link since the forum upgrade. We lost quite a few of our regulars during the change over for various reasons and there were a few glitches with the log in which didn't help matters.
Sprocket used to enjoy posting proper working links on the old forum after I taught him how to do it via a series of email tutorials. He seemed to enjoy the ability to do something that not many other members knew how to do on the old forum (the full HTML had to be used and the link composed manually)
Of course it's really simple to post links on here now so perhaps he no longer enjoyed the forum as much.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Although we shared the same Christian name no, I'm not Sprocket
smiley-laughing.gif

Haymarket staff didn't know how to post links onto the old forum or if they did they weren't telling
when I asked
smiley-sealed.gif

There were only one or two members who knew how to post links (Lutz was one if I remember right)
It's easy enough to find anything out by using the internet so I read up on HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) to find out how to post links, coloured text, different fonts etc.
Sprocket had several unsuccessful attempts so I took pity on him and taught him how which saved me a lot of time because he enjoyed doing them so much.
The new forum rendered the manual composition of links, colours, fonts etc obsolete because it's all done for us and everyone can do it but it may have spoiled Sprocket's enjoyment of the forum unfortunately.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sprocket, nice of you to link up with us. I also hope that you stick around to be a cog in the forum wheel again
smiley-laughing.gif

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi sprocket
Nice to see you back home.You had a lot of answers for me when i got my first van early last year thank you
now where`s bedford goerge?

TRENDING THREADS